Bowling alleys reopen – but customers need to wear their own shoes
- Credit: Archant
Hollywood Bowl and Superbowl UK in Norwich both reopen at the weekend but players will have to wear gloves while aiming for a strike.
Superbowl, in Castle Quarter, and Hollywood Bowl, in Wherry Road, Riverside, will be opening on Saturday after the government eased coronavirus restrictions.
It comes after Hollywood Bowl’s #BringBackBowling campaign urging Boris Johnson to reopen bowling alleys and protect 8,000 jobs.
But there will be changes – Lanes are being reduced to adhere to social distancing, gloves will be provided to handle the balls and customers are to wear their own shoes while bowling.
Stephen Burns, chief executive at Hollywood Bowl Group said: “While it’s a little later than originally planned, we’re delighted to finally be able to open our centres again in England from August 1. The health and safety of our customers and team remains our priority. Whether it’s to bowl, enjoy the amusement areas, have a bite to eat or something to drink, we want to assure our customers that we are doing everything we can to create a safe and fun experience for families to return to.”
You may also want to watch:
Amusement machines, as well as bar and diner seating, will be spaced appropriately and groups will be restricted to a maximum of six people.
- 1 Tenant's despair as council fixes his windows by screwing them shut
- 2 'Eyesore' bus won't be removed despite neighbours' pleas
- 3 Man killed after collision with double-decker bus on A146 named
- 4 Huge Gothic home on edge of city cemetery is for sale for £1.2m
- 5 Neighbours' terror as bleeding man found in garden after street fight
- 6 Pet owner's fury as mystery neighbour tries to claim her cat as their own
- 7 Nearly 4,000 people wait for council homes - but fewer than 200 available
- 8 'Our lives are being destroyed': Neighbours' despair over noisy students
- 9 'Neighbours ran outside screaming' during street fight in Golden Triangle
- 10 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school