Hit and run crash in Banham
Two boys had a narrow escape after car mounted a pavement and crashed into a bicycle near a Norfolk zoo.Police are appealing for information after the vehicle failed to stop after the collision, which took place at about 5.
Two boys had a narrow escape after car mounted a pavement and crashed into a bicycle near a Norfolk zoo.
Police are appealing for information after the vehicle failed to stop after the collision, which took place at about 5.10pm on Bank Holiday Monday in Banham, near Attleborough.
A 13-year-old boy was pushing a bicycle and walking with a friend along the path in Kenninghall Road when a car approached them from the direction of Banham Zoo.
As it neared them, it mounted the pavement and whilst the boy was pulled out of the way by his friend, the car caught the bicycle underneath and dragged it down the road.
The boys were left shaken and the bike was badly damaged. The car has been described as a dark blue or black Ford Mondeo with possible front damage.
Contact PC Jacquie Tobin at the Attleborough Safer Neighbourhood Team on 0845 456 4567 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Quaint 'tucked away' house is for sale for the first time in almost 30 years
- 2 City pub 'full of life again' after busy opening weekend
- 3 City teen gets celebrity backing for prom dress
- 4 See inside this £1.15m Bridgerton-style city centre period property
- 5 Teen slapped with six points on licence - but she can't even drive
- 6 Pub closes for £5,000 refurb to enable it to serve drinks faster
- 7 Waiting game over fate of housing bid for former school playing field
- 8 Reunion for workers from the historic city factory still going strong
- 9 Class A drugs seized from three men in city woods
- 10 Plea to get 5ft mega bush axed from busy pavement