Highlights from the Mad Hatter’s party at Norwich Fashion Week
The Mad Hatter's tea party brought out the feather and flower fascinators for an afternoon of original 1940s and 1950s fashion from some of Norfolk's best vintage shops. Emma Harrowing picks her highlights from the vintage shows.
Falling down a rabbit hole on to the set of Alice in Wonderland was an enjoyable way to spend a Sunday afternoon at Norwich Fashion Week. Courtesy of A Most Curious Party, the Library Restaurant was transformed into a sea of colourful bunting sprinkled with the odd King of Hearts playing card and 'Eat me' and 'Drink me' labelled fayre.
Life Matters shopped and bought some vintage pieces from Antidote Vintage based on Upper St Giles, a cupcake from Yarmouth based Cupcakes at Your Door and a navy flower and net fascinator from Norwich designers Sugar and Hatter. Then, under the vintage bunting and while we sipped on tea and ate cake, the vintage fashion shows began.
Styled by Karen James-Welton of Blue Skies Vintage Management, joint organisers of the vintage day with A Most Curious Party, the intimate show saw models walk through the main restaurant wearing stunning vintage dresses from Antidote Vintage, Dusty Love, Prim Vintage and Vintage Deli, followed by a vintage bridal show with stylish gowns from Norfolk designer Jane Kenning, fascinators from Kitty Minx Vintage and parasols, garters and tiaras from The Wedding Party on St Benedict's Street, and bouquets from Love Blooms, and a finale of vintage lingerie from Lingerie Indiscrete.
Vintage hair styles were created by Flamingo Amy from Flint on Bridewell Alley and Hooloovoo on Pottergate. Makeup was by Milk and Honey.
You may also want to watch:
See all the pictures from the Blue Skies Vintage and A Most Curious Party Madhatters Vintage Day by clicking on the multimedia link at the top right of this page.
For all the news and a programme of the events at Norwich Fashion Week visit www.eveningnews24.co.uk/nfw Follow us on Twitter @NorwichFashion or Facebook Life Matters or Norwich Fashion Week.
- 1 Cyclist punched in the face during unprovoked attack turned away by GP
- 2 Norwich mum and daughter duo shed 12st
- 3 Murder investigation launched after body of man found in Norwich flat
- 4 Calls for lines to be repainted at 'free-for-all' city roundabout
- 5 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 6 Armed police called to reports of man with knife
- 7 Teenage stabbing was 'rival gang revenge’ for YouTube videos
- 8 How Norwich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 9 Five people spiked at three Norwich venues over the weekend
- 10 Family pays tribute to man killed after collision with double-decker bus