Families enjoy youth club’s fun dog show and fete
- Credit: Archant
Doggy paddling pools were on hand to keep the competitors cool at a youth club's sizzling fun dog show and fete today.
The glorious weather brought families flocking to Hethersett Jubilee Youth Club Fun Dog Show and Fete to enjoy ice creams, browse the craft stalls and watch the rounds of the competition.
Among those taking part at the club's base in Back Lane was Angela Chamberlain, from Hellesdon, who with Theo the labradoodle dressed up as a policewoman and a canine crook for the fancy dress part of the dog show,
She said: 'We've got three thirds and a second place and we've enjoyed it. There's a group of us here who meet up at all the shows and have a good chin wag. It's a very social event for us.'
Gillian Saunders, chairman of the trustees of Hethersett Jubilee Youth Club, said: 'We have fantastic support today from local people coming out in the heat.
You may also want to watch:
'The money we raise goes towards the upkeep of the hall and paying for a youth worker. While we are supported by the council we still have to raise £1,000 a year to keep it going.'
- 1 How Norwich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 2 'Such a shame': Social media scammer targets Norwich pub
- 3 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 4 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 5 'Eyesore' bus won't be removed despite neighbours' pleas
- 6 'Lives are at risk'-Patients' concerns over surgery appointment struggles
- 7 Tenant's despair as council fixes his windows by screwing them shut
- 8 One of Norwich's most photographed homes is up for sale
- 9 All of Norwich's Christmas opening hours
- 10 'Significant' amount of cash and electronics stolen from city home