Hethersett homes plan update
Adam GrettonA village forum meeting will take place next month to update residents on plans for at least 1,000 new homes in Hethersett.Adam Gretton
A village forum meeting will take place next month to update residents on plans for at least 1,000 new homes in Hethersett.
More than 350 people took part in a community planning weekend last month to help shape a vision of the future growth of the settlement on the outskirts of Norwich.
Officials from London-based Ptarmigan Land, which is promoting the village expansion, will stage the first Hethersett Village Forum on Thursday May 13.
The meeting, which will be hosted by architects John Thompson and Partners, will provide residents with an opportunity to stay involved with the proposed development to the north of Hethersett.
The village is earmarked for at least 1,000 new homes as part of the Greater Norwich Development Partnership Joint Core Strategy and Ptarmigan is hoping to submit an outline planning application next year.
A masterplan presented to residents last month includes a vision for Hethersett's growth to include a series of hamlets with a second village centre as well as a new green, primary school, allotments, high school expansion, business zone and medical centre.
- 1 Walker furious as beauty spot 'ruined' by bush chopping
- 2 House of horrors: Is this the worst council property in Norwich?
- 3 City schools to share one site as building returned to council
- 4 Burger off! Petition launched to scrap new McDonald's plan
- 5 Tourist slapped with £100 parking fine for cash machine stop
- 6 Five of Norwich's best takeaways according to our readers
- 7 New beer and burrito bar opens in city centre
- 8 Petition supporting Western Link gains hundreds of signatures
- 9 Police on hand as anti-vaccine protesters gather in city
- 10 'Fixer upper' lodge home goes up for sale near Norwich city centre
The first village forum will be held at the village hall, in Back Lane, from 6.30pm on May 13.