Hethersett homes plan update
Adam GrettonA village forum meeting will take place next month to update residents on plans for at least 1,000 new homes in Hethersett.Adam Gretton
A village forum meeting will take place next month to update residents on plans for at least 1,000 new homes in Hethersett.
More than 350 people took part in a community planning weekend last month to help shape a vision of the future growth of the settlement on the outskirts of Norwich.
Officials from London-based Ptarmigan Land, which is promoting the village expansion, will stage the first Hethersett Village Forum on Thursday May 13.
The meeting, which will be hosted by architects John Thompson and Partners, will provide residents with an opportunity to stay involved with the proposed development to the north of Hethersett.
You may also want to watch:
The village is earmarked for at least 1,000 new homes as part of the Greater Norwich Development Partnership Joint Core Strategy and Ptarmigan is hoping to submit an outline planning application next year.
A masterplan presented to residents last month includes a vision for Hethersett's growth to include a series of hamlets with a second village centre as well as a new green, primary school, allotments, high school expansion, business zone and medical centre.
- 1 Calls to stop major development in expanding village
- 2 Bus routes affected by driver shortages in Norwich
- 3 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk
- 4 Streets in Norwich close for car-free day
- 5 Bookshop to close with clothing store set to move in
- 6 The roadworks you need to know about in Norwich this week
- 7 Police appeal for witnesses after pedestrian struck by car on A47
- 8 Have 'murder hornets' been found in Norfolk?
- 9 New sculpture trail launched for park near Norwich
- 10 Warning to others after mum breaks leg using park zip wire
The first village forum will be held at the village hall, in Back Lane, from 6.30pm on May 13.