Hethersett homes plan update
Adam GrettonA village forum meeting will take place next month to update residents on plans for at least 1,000 new homes in Hethersett.Adam Gretton
A village forum meeting will take place next month to update residents on plans for at least 1,000 new homes in Hethersett.
More than 350 people took part in a community planning weekend last month to help shape a vision of the future growth of the settlement on the outskirts of Norwich.
Officials from London-based Ptarmigan Land, which is promoting the village expansion, will stage the first Hethersett Village Forum on Thursday May 13.
The meeting, which will be hosted by architects John Thompson and Partners, will provide residents with an opportunity to stay involved with the proposed development to the north of Hethersett.
You may also want to watch:
The village is earmarked for at least 1,000 new homes as part of the Greater Norwich Development Partnership Joint Core Strategy and Ptarmigan is hoping to submit an outline planning application next year.
A masterplan presented to residents last month includes a vision for Hethersett's growth to include a series of hamlets with a second village centre as well as a new green, primary school, allotments, high school expansion, business zone and medical centre.
- 1 'An insult to the city': Couple ditch 'hellhole' hotel after 45 minutes
- 2 Elton John to kick off UK leg of farewell tour at Carrow Road
- 3 Former Norwich boxing champion banned from contacting ex-partner
- 4 What next for The Birdcage in Norwich?
- 5 Road cleared after overturned lorry on A47/A11 Thickthorn roundabout
- 6 Hundreds give amazing send-off to well-loved supermarket worker
- 7 Norwich bar named among 30 best cocktail spots in UK
- 8 Ex-head charged with sex attacks on boys at Norfolk school
- 9 'Second time this year' - Armed police called to Norwich street
- 10 Car collides with bus near petrol station on Dereham Road
The first village forum will be held at the village hall, in Back Lane, from 6.30pm on May 13.