Hethersett florists burgled
Stephanie BrooksThe owner of Hethersett florists has been left counting the cost of a night-time burglary where the culprits smashed through her doorway and tore out her cash tills.Stephanie Brooks
The owner of Hethersett florists has been left counting the cost of a night-time burglary where the heartless culprits smashed through her doorway and tore out her cash tills.
Caroline Reynolds, owner of Bunches and Munches in Great Melton Road, said the scene was one of destruction when she walked through the entrance to the store in the early hours of Friday.
The burglars had also targeted the neighbouring Boots Pharmacy, where cash was stolen.
'It was a hell of a shock when I unlocked the door and had to walk over everything. We're still waiting at the moment to find out what this has cost,' she said.
You may also want to watch:
'This is completely unheard of in the village. But the outpouring of support has been fantastic. People are so surprised. To have two shops targeted at night would be a shock in a city let alone a village.'
The burglars had removed a large concrete stone from a nearby wall and thrown it through the store's glass door, which also damaged the floor.
- 1 Norwich restaurants and pubs reopening in April
- 2 New pasta and cocktail bar to open in Norwich
- 3 Tributes to the 'face of Norwich bus station' after Covid death
- 4 Driver fined after leaving queue before entering Co-Op
- 5 Emma Thompson and Peaky Blinders actor to star in new film shot in Norwich
- 6 'Spoiled the enjoyment' - Park bench damaged as engraving cut off
- 7 When can I go to the beach? Lockdown travel questions answered
- 8 Calls for bridge to stop A47 dualling work leaving villagers cut off
- 9 'Stay local' warning and visitors fined after hundreds head to Sea Palling
- 10 ‘Safeguarding’ teacher allowed vulnerable pupil to keep pills
They then ripped two cash tills from their fixings. This in turn dragged items such as a kettle, which were attached to the till's electrical extension cord, across the store smashing further gifts and products along the way.
A trail a till roll was followed down the road where it is believed the burglars jumped into a car and drove away at speed.
Police arrived at the scene shortly after 2.30am after the offenders triggered the alarms at both the businesses.
It is hoped the cost of the damage at Bunches and Munches, which also trades as a sandwich bar and cafe, will be recouped through insurance, although excess payments will still need to covered.
Anyone with information should contact Norfolk Police on 0845 456 4567.