Hethersett florists burgled
Stephanie BrooksThe owner of Hethersett florists has been left counting the cost of a night-time burglary where the culprits smashed through her doorway and tore out her cash tills.Stephanie Brooks
The owner of Hethersett florists has been left counting the cost of a night-time burglary where the heartless culprits smashed through her doorway and tore out her cash tills.
Caroline Reynolds, owner of Bunches and Munches in Great Melton Road, said the scene was one of destruction when she walked through the entrance to the store in the early hours of Friday.
The burglars had also targeted the neighbouring Boots Pharmacy, where cash was stolen.
'It was a hell of a shock when I unlocked the door and had to walk over everything. We're still waiting at the moment to find out what this has cost,' she said.
You may also want to watch:
'This is completely unheard of in the village. But the outpouring of support has been fantastic. People are so surprised. To have two shops targeted at night would be a shock in a city let alone a village.'
The burglars had removed a large concrete stone from a nearby wall and thrown it through the store's glass door, which also damaged the floor.
- 1 City fan park takes shape ahead of England's Euro 2020 opener
- 2 'People love it' - Landlady opens second pub in Earlham Road
- 3 Two city businesses on the move as mystery new tenant hovers
- 4 In pictures: England fans enjoy Euro 2020 win at Norwich fan park
- 5 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 6 Volunteer hit with £100 parking fee while collecting food for needy
- 7 Thieves swam across river to steal paddleboards from new firm
- 8 Murdered Norfolk mum's bravery has helped family through their darkest days
- 9 Stylish bungalow to rent on edge of Norwich - and it even has a hot tub
- 10 Police issue urgent appeal for witnesses after sexual assault in Norwich
They then ripped two cash tills from their fixings. This in turn dragged items such as a kettle, which were attached to the till's electrical extension cord, across the store smashing further gifts and products along the way.
A trail a till roll was followed down the road where it is believed the burglars jumped into a car and drove away at speed.
Police arrived at the scene shortly after 2.30am after the offenders triggered the alarms at both the businesses.
It is hoped the cost of the damage at Bunches and Munches, which also trades as a sandwich bar and cafe, will be recouped through insurance, although excess payments will still need to covered.
Anyone with information should contact Norfolk Police on 0845 456 4567.