Hethersett: Father's Day show will be a real family affair
Sam EmanuelA spectacular show featuring local performers is set to be a real family affair with three sisters and their mum and dad all taking part.Sam Emanuel
A spectacular show featuring local performers is set to be a real family affair with three sisters and their mum and dad all taking part.
West End To Broadway at the Norwich Theatre Royal will feature Emma, Rebecca and Ellie Jermy, while their father Kevin helps out backstage and their mother Angela performs and fundraises for the Hethersett-based Yvonne School of Dance, which is presenting the show on Father's Day - Sunday, June 20 at 2.30pm and 7pm.
The three junior members of the Jermy family, who are from Hethersett, have been part of the dance school for many years, and their parents have supported them all the way through as well as giving vital voluntary help to the dance school.
Emma Jermy, 20, who has been dancing for 17 years, said: 'We've got really good teamwork going on here, and before I was always the group up from my sisters, but now we are all in the same group so it's great to be able to do it together, and it's good to have my mum dancing as well - she's always been able to help out.'
You may also want to watch:
Rebecca Jermy, 18, said: 'We all have a little practice session at home, and dad helps backstage. Because we do pantomime as well he's always helped and he's taken us to rehearsals and been there for support.'
And Ellie Jermy, 15, added: 'We've got a number of dances to learn. I don't think it's ever been competitive, it's always fun to go into a group knowing you're going to be accepted - it helps when you don't know the dances and you have someone there to help you.'
- 1 Up and coming Norwich musician reaches number 13 in UK charts
- 2 Norwich hairdresser, former boxer and bodybuilder, dies from Covid
- 3 The secrets and scandals of a former Norwich hotel
- 4 Norwich Debenhams looks doomed as Boohoo to buy brand
- 5 Drink driver arrested after crashing into two trees in Norwich
- 6 'A little bit of hope' - Care home manager look back on last 10 months
- 7 Drink-driver caught on flyover after police spot 'worrying' driving
- 8 Can you rehome this Terrier who has spent nine years at animal sanctuary?
- 9 Centre takes action after IT failure causes long queues for Covid jab
- 10 Cycling trail among ideas for new country park
The cast of the show, who are aged from three years old to adult, appear in a high-octane show featuring routines from a host of shows including Starlight Express, The Jersey Boys, We Will Rock You, and High School Musical.
Principal Yvonne Cutting said: 'I can't overstate how important the assistance of the parents and families is behind the scenes, and with fundraising and general support. They are a real lifeline especially when it comes to helping with a major show like this.'
Tickets for the show cost between �5 and �15, and can be bought from the box office by calling 01603 630000 or visiting www.theatreroyalnorwich.co.uk.
Do you have a story for the Evening News? Call Sam Emanuel on 01603 772438 or email email@example.com.