Heroin seized in Norwich drugs raids
Peter WalshClass A drugs have been seized from three addresses in Norwich following a series of police raids.Peter Walsh
Class A drugs have been seized from three addresses in Norwich following a series of police raids.
Police from West Centre Safer Neighbourhood Team and the tactical unit for the Norwich district targeted the properties on Globe Place and Walpole Street yesterdayand recovered a quantity of heroin.
The warrants were executed partly due to the support from families in the area, coming forward and offering information in order for police to take action. The Vauxhall Street area is a known problem area for drugs activity and is currently a focus for officers from West Centre SNT.
Sergeant Chris Brooks said: 'This is an excellent example of how information reported to us by the public leads to positive action. We are committed to disrupting drug dealing in this area and I would encourage local people to be vigilant and report their suspicions to us.
You may also want to watch:
'Your dedicated team is working hard to make your neighbourhood a safer place to live.'
Police did not reveal how many arrests had been made.
- 1 'Eyesore' bus won't be removed despite neighbours' pleas
- 2 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 3 'Such a shame': Social media scammer targets Norwich pub
- 4 How Norwich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 5 Tenant's despair as council fixes his windows by screwing them shut
- 6 'Lives are at risk'-Patients' concerns over surgery appointment struggles
- 7 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 8 One of Norwich's most photographed homes is up for sale
- 9 Neighbours' terror as bleeding man found in garden after street fight
- 10 Huge Gothic home on edge of city cemetery is for sale for £1.2m
If you have any information regarding drug activity in your area you can contact your SNT on 0845 456 4567 or alternatively you can call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.