Heroin seized in Norwich drugs raids
Peter WalshClass A drugs have been seized from three addresses in Norwich following a series of police raids.Peter Walsh
Class A drugs have been seized from three addresses in Norwich following a series of police raids.
Police from West Centre Safer Neighbourhood Team and the tactical unit for the Norwich district targeted the properties on Globe Place and Walpole Street yesterdayand recovered a quantity of heroin.
The warrants were executed partly due to the support from families in the area, coming forward and offering information in order for police to take action. The Vauxhall Street area is a known problem area for drugs activity and is currently a focus for officers from West Centre SNT.
Sergeant Chris Brooks said: 'This is an excellent example of how information reported to us by the public leads to positive action. We are committed to disrupting drug dealing in this area and I would encourage local people to be vigilant and report their suspicions to us.
'Your dedicated team is working hard to make your neighbourhood a safer place to live.'
Police did not reveal how many arrests had been made.
- 1 Sweet Briar Road to reopen TODAY
- 2 Norwich pub selling out on Sundays with new head chef's roast dinners
- 3 Norwich pub to host street party with Caribbean BBQ, DJs and stalls
- 4 Chaos at major airports sees demand for Norwich flights increase 400pc
- 5 New Tesco store opens in city centre
- 6 EXCLUSIVE: US tycoons in Norwich City investment talks
- 7 Rumours Sweet Briar Road will close again QUASHED by council
- 8 Revealed: Your favourite fish and chip shop in Norfolk
- 9 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 10 Wakey wakey! Church bells pose dilemma to swanky flats plan
If you have any information regarding drug activity in your area you can contact your SNT on 0845 456 4567 or alternatively you can call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.