Heroin seized in Norwich drugs raids
Peter WalshClass A drugs have been seized from three addresses in Norwich following a series of police raids.Peter Walsh
Class A drugs have been seized from three addresses in Norwich following a series of police raids.
Police from West Centre Safer Neighbourhood Team and the tactical unit for the Norwich district targeted the properties on Globe Place and Walpole Street yesterdayand recovered a quantity of heroin.
The warrants were executed partly due to the support from families in the area, coming forward and offering information in order for police to take action. The Vauxhall Street area is a known problem area for drugs activity and is currently a focus for officers from West Centre SNT.
Sergeant Chris Brooks said: 'This is an excellent example of how information reported to us by the public leads to positive action. We are committed to disrupting drug dealing in this area and I would encourage local people to be vigilant and report their suspicions to us.
You may also want to watch:
'Your dedicated team is working hard to make your neighbourhood a safer place to live.'
Police did not reveal how many arrests had been made.
- 1 Hopes raised former pub could become community hub
- 2 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 3 'Accidents waiting to happen' - Mum vows not to give up 20mph fight
- 4 Up and coming Norwich musician reaches number 13 in UK charts
- 5 Before and after: How has Norwich changed over the years?
- 6 Giant Victorian underground reservoir marks supplying city for 150 years
- 7 Former village pub for sale as home
- 8 'We're all shocked' - Butchers shop attacked by vandals
- 9 Opposition grows over charges to park in Norwich parks
- 10 The secrets and scandals of a former Norwich hotel
If you have any information regarding drug activity in your area you can contact your SNT on 0845 456 4567 or alternatively you can call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.