Hempnall: Children raise more than �1000
Sam EmanuelAlmost 100 children from Hempnall Primary School ran, jogged or walked a mile to raise �1015.12 for Sport Relief.Sam Emanuel
Almost 100 children from Hempnall Primary School ran, jogged or walked a mile to raise �1015.12 for Sport Relief.
The idea for the event came from Lucy Kerr, a Year 5 pupil, who was sadly ill in the week running up to Sport Relief but struggled in on Friday to see her idea come to fruition, and to ring the start and finish bell.
Deputy head teacher Ian Small said: 'The children feel a real sense of achievement for walking or running a mile, something many thought was impossible. They were amazed at the total raised as it was about 10 times more than the school has ever raised before, and feel justifiably proud of making a positive contribution.
'Tapping into this new enthusiasm for running, the school has signed up for the EDP Golden Mile scheme so the children can reap the benefits of a healthy lifestyle.'
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Dutch design could inspire revamp of danger roundabout
- 2 Cactus shop selling £95 plants opens in Norwich phone box
- 3 City centre street set to close at weekend
- 4 Number of homes for derelict site could be increased to 200
- 5 Teenage boy found a week after being reported missing
- 6 Revealed: How much to rent former high street store
- 7 School apologises for uniform advice wording after sexism claims
- 8 Hot property Maddison adds up for City
- 9 Ghosts of business past: Empty shop units for rent for £100,000
- 10 38 Norfolk schools and university named in students' accounts of sex abuse