Hempnall: Children raise more than �1000
Sam EmanuelAlmost 100 children from Hempnall Primary School ran, jogged or walked a mile to raise �1015.12 for Sport Relief.Sam Emanuel
Almost 100 children from Hempnall Primary School ran, jogged or walked a mile to raise �1015.12 for Sport Relief.
The idea for the event came from Lucy Kerr, a Year 5 pupil, who was sadly ill in the week running up to Sport Relief but struggled in on Friday to see her idea come to fruition, and to ring the start and finish bell.
Deputy head teacher Ian Small said: 'The children feel a real sense of achievement for walking or running a mile, something many thought was impossible. They were amazed at the total raised as it was about 10 times more than the school has ever raised before, and feel justifiably proud of making a positive contribution.
'Tapping into this new enthusiasm for running, the school has signed up for the EDP Golden Mile scheme so the children can reap the benefits of a healthy lifestyle.'
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Calls to stop major development in expanding village
- 2 Warning to others after mum breaks leg using park zip wire
- 3 Streets in Norwich close for car-free day
- 4 What 45,000 new homes will mean for our city
- 5 'A very easy Brexit win' - Traders have say on imperial measures change
- 6 New sculpture trail launched for park near Norwich
- 7 Impact of T-Rex trail revealed as sculptures leave city
- 8 Five of the most expensive properties for rent in Norwich
- 9 Man arrested after assaulting three police officers outside Popworld
- 10 Air ambulance called and A47 closed after incident