Hempnall: Children raise more than �1000
Sam EmanuelAlmost 100 children from Hempnall Primary School ran, jogged or walked a mile to raise �1015.12 for Sport Relief.Sam Emanuel
Almost 100 children from Hempnall Primary School ran, jogged or walked a mile to raise �1015.12 for Sport Relief.
The idea for the event came from Lucy Kerr, a Year 5 pupil, who was sadly ill in the week running up to Sport Relief but struggled in on Friday to see her idea come to fruition, and to ring the start and finish bell.
Deputy head teacher Ian Small said: 'The children feel a real sense of achievement for walking or running a mile, something many thought was impossible. They were amazed at the total raised as it was about 10 times more than the school has ever raised before, and feel justifiably proud of making a positive contribution.
'Tapping into this new enthusiasm for running, the school has signed up for the EDP Golden Mile scheme so the children can reap the benefits of a healthy lifestyle.'
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Up and coming Norwich musician reaches number 13 in UK charts
- 2 Norwich hairdresser, former boxer and bodybuilder, dies from Covid
- 3 The secrets and scandals of a former Norwich hotel
- 4 Norwich Debenhams looks doomed as Boohoo to buy brand
- 5 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 6 Shock as cannabis factory found in quiet Broads' village
- 7 Cycling trail among ideas for new country park
- 8 Drink-driver caught on flyover after police spot 'worrying' driving
- 9 Bus crashes into lorry in Norwich
- 10 'We're all shocked' - Butchers shop attacked by vandals