Helping Rotary House for the Deaf
Waitrose shoppers support a unique home for the deaf in the heart of Norwich.
It was a great Christmas present for Rotary House for the Deaf in Norwich, the only home of its kind in the country.
If you have been in Waitrose you have probably noticed that each month they support three charities and customers pick one by putting a green coin in the slot.
You may also want to watch:
Melanie Spillman, Community Matters Champion at Waitrose in Eaton said the amount given to the charities was increased in November and December and they were delighted to present Rotary House with a cheque for �1,324.
In the picture we have, left to right, Andy De' Ath of Rotary House, Sue Weller, Coelis Witcher, Sally Groom, Angi Goldsmith (Rotary House) and Melanie Spellman.
- 1 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 2 'Our lives are being destroyed': Neighbours' despair over noisy students
- 3 Norwich named UK's most romantic destination
- 4 City staff facing 'mass burnout' but what is behind the extreme exhaustion?
- 5 'The final straw' - Bakery fears closure over council plans
- 6 Tenant's despair as council fixes his windows by screwing them shut
- 7 Changes in gambling habits see city bookies shutting up shop
- 8 Fresh plans for rooftop bar on St Stephens
- 9 Fish and chip shop offering battered birthday cake to celebrate 50 years
- 10 Man found dead at Thorpe St Andrew home
Chairman Andy said they were delighted at the support from Waitrose and thanked all the customers who supported them.
'The money will go towards buying new furniture for the lounge and in addition to this, Waitrose has offered to paint the lounge as part of their voluntary service to the local community,' he added.
<t> Rotary House, supporting deaf and hard of hearing people from Norfolk and further afield, has been operating in King Street, just a short walk from the city centre, for more than 30 years where it has 14 bedsit flats.
Among its supporters is national treasure Stephen Fry and it was chosen to be the Norwich Civic Charity in 2010/11 - attracting nationwide publicity.
For more details about Rotary House and all that it offers or if you like to help them in their fund-raising activities, please get in touch via email@example.com