Helping Rotary House for the Deaf
Waitrose shoppers support a unique home for the deaf in the heart of Norwich.
It was a great Christmas present for Rotary House for the Deaf in Norwich, the only home of its kind in the country.
If you have been in Waitrose you have probably noticed that each month they support three charities and customers pick one by putting a green coin in the slot.
You may also want to watch:
Melanie Spillman, Community Matters Champion at Waitrose in Eaton said the amount given to the charities was increased in November and December and they were delighted to present Rotary House with a cheque for �1,324.
In the picture we have, left to right, Andy De' Ath of Rotary House, Sue Weller, Coelis Witcher, Sally Groom, Angi Goldsmith (Rotary House) and Melanie Spellman.
- 1 Man in critical condition after Norwich assault
- 2 Norwich's Jack Wills store to close
- 3 In pictures: England fans enjoy Euro 2020 win at Norwich fan park
- 4 Weather warning for thunderstorms this week after Monday heat
- 5 Neighbours tell of shock as murder probe launched
- 6 Covid Delta variant cases double in Norfolk
- 7 Norwich city centre roundabout revamp remains 'firmly in pipeline'
- 8 'People love it' - Landlady opens second pub in Earlham Road
- 9 ‘Burglars will think twice’ - Police hand out security kits to 4,000 homes
- 10 New Covid testing site opens near Norwich
Chairman Andy said they were delighted at the support from Waitrose and thanked all the customers who supported them.
'The money will go towards buying new furniture for the lounge and in addition to this, Waitrose has offered to paint the lounge as part of their voluntary service to the local community,' he added.
<t> Rotary House, supporting deaf and hard of hearing people from Norfolk and further afield, has been operating in King Street, just a short walk from the city centre, for more than 30 years where it has 14 bedsit flats.
Among its supporters is national treasure Stephen Fry and it was chosen to be the Norwich Civic Charity in 2010/11 - attracting nationwide publicity.
For more details about Rotary House and all that it offers or if you like to help them in their fund-raising activities, please get in touch via email@example.com