Hellesdon school trip to Paris going ahead - thanks to the Evening News
- Credit: Evening News © 2006
A group of teenagers are leaving on a school trip to Paris later tonight, after their passport problems were resolved, thanks to the Evening News.
Thirty students from Hellesdon High School were looking forward to visiting the sites of Paris, the rides at Disneyland and the battlefields of Ypres.
But after a last-minute bungle, eight youngsters relying on the group passport to travel were told to stay at home because their documents had not arrived.
News of their disappointment and upset reached the Norwich Evening News – and after we contacted the Home Office it was announced the essential travel documents would be with the school in the nick of time before the 11pm departure.
A school spokesman said: 'Yes, I am relieved to say that the group passport arrived about 10am this morning. So we have lots of happy students getting ready to go to Paris.'
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Alan Carr enjoys 'delicious food' and leaves large tip at city restaurant
- 2 Tributes paid to 'amazing' Norwich shop worker
- 3 Motorcyclist injured after crash on Norwich road
- 4 Egg-lobbing mob leads police to step up presence in suburb
- 5 7 of the best places to see fireworks in and around Norwich in 2021
- 6 Jonny to the rescue! Boyfriend springs into action after coffee spill drama
- 7 'They can't get away with it': Petrol boss defiant after spate of crimes
- 8 Wife's tribute to horse-loving 'true-gentleman' after inquest
- 9 All the fish and chip shops in Norwich with 5-star hygiene ratings
- 10 Progress on plan for 4,000 homes near Norwich to be revealed