Hellesdon school trip to Paris going ahead - thanks to the Evening News
- Credit: Evening News © 2006
A group of teenagers are leaving on a school trip to Paris later tonight, after their passport problems were resolved, thanks to the Evening News.
Thirty students from Hellesdon High School were looking forward to visiting the sites of Paris, the rides at Disneyland and the battlefields of Ypres.
But after a last-minute bungle, eight youngsters relying on the group passport to travel were told to stay at home because their documents had not arrived.
News of their disappointment and upset reached the Norwich Evening News – and after we contacted the Home Office it was announced the essential travel documents would be with the school in the nick of time before the 11pm departure.
A school spokesman said: 'Yes, I am relieved to say that the group passport arrived about 10am this morning. So we have lots of happy students getting ready to go to Paris.'
- 1 All-you-can-eat Chinese buffet at Riverside closes
- 2 Are you the mystery Norwich builder Peter Crouch is searching for?
- 3 A47 dualling gets government green light
- 4 Military helicopters spotted flying over Norfolk
- 5 Much-loved dungaree brand to open one of only three UK stores in Norwich
- 6 Missing Taverham man found safe and well
- 7 TV stars announced for Jack and the Beanstalk panto at Theatre Royal
- 8 Business park given green light to expand by more than 50pc
- 9 Hidden 90-acre wildlife haven in city secured after £600k investment
- 10 Man in 20s arrested outside new Tesco store in city centre