Hellesdon pub closes again
- Credit: Archant
A Hellesdon pub has closed again just months after the last landlord issued a plea for people living in the area to support the business so he could be there for the next 25 years.
The Falcon, pictured, has been closed for about two weeks despite owners Enterprise Inns just having given the pub a major revamp.
The Cromer Road pub, which is 'To Let', closed temporarily earlier this year with Enter-prise looking to 'recruit a new publican to take the business forward and return the Falcon to its former glory as a family dining pub'.
In April the Norwich Evening News, which supports pubs through its Love Your Local campaign, reported how Kevin Steward had taken over the reins of the pub and wanted to make a real success of the business.
But it is understood Mr Steward, who issued a rallying cry for people to get behind the business, is no longer at the pub which is now closed with Enterprise looking for new long-term landlords.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman said: 'The Falcon is a popular pub within Hellesdon with the potential to become a good food establishment for the local area, and we have recently carried out external works to improve the appeal of the pub.
'We continue to recruit for a longer-term publican who has the passion and drive to make the most of its prominent location and drive the business forward. Anyone interested in finding out more about this pub business opportunity can contact us on 0800 953 0072.'
- 1 Famous Norwich firm locked in legal battle with Red Bull
- 2 'Sneaky and selfish' changes to bus route slammed
- 3 Norwich firm fined £1m over explosion which killed much-loved father
- 4 Inconvenience store: Family business blighted by roadworks
- 5 New BBQ takeaway set to open in Norwich
- 6 'We do everything correctly': Norwich takeaway handed one star hygiene rating
- 7 Bars, restaurants and shops - Five new openings in Norwich this September
- 8 Britain's poshest train returning to Norwich for Christmas lunch
- 9 'No amount of money will be enough': Explosion widow on £1m chemical fine
- 10 Eyesore tags or street art? Artists on graffiti 'tagging' trend
The pub, which dates back to 1926 and was a Beefeater pub/restaurant throughout the 1970s. It received a major refurbishment in June 2011, but the last leaseholders were unable to make it a success.
Before the 2011 refurbishment the pub was boarded up and fears were raised that it could become the latest Hellesdon pub to close.
The former Firs pub in Cromer Road, Hellesdon, closed in September 2010 and has been converted into a Tesco Express store.
The Norwich Evening News has been urging customers to help pubs in our Love your Local campaign. For more campaign stories visit www.eveningnews24.co.uk/loveyourlocal