Hellesdon air cadet nominated for national sports award
- Credit: Archant
A 17-year-old from Hellesdon has been nominated for national sports award within the air cadet community.
Thomas Dade has been a member of 222 Broadland Squadron - which meets at Broadlands High School in Hoveton - for two years and has been competing in a wide range of sporting events since he started.
The teenager, who is studying a Level three BTEC Diploma in Sport with the Norwich City Futsal Scholarship Programme, has won sports cadet of the year for his squadron and also of Norfolk and Suffolk wing.
Last month the sports mad youngster also won the regional sports cadet of the year for the East and South of England and is now up for sports cadet of the year for the whole of the UK against five others.
His mum Sam Dade said: 'He's done swimming, rugby, athletics and football.
You may also want to watch:
'He's always had an interest in sports and plays for Norwich United under-18s.
'It's a massive achievement that he has been nominated and he is a credit to his squardon and is fully comitted.'
- 1 Police child safety team raid house to arrest man
- 2 Ex-filling station set to become kebab and pizza takeaway
- 3 Three teens arrested in connection with Norwich stabbing
- 4 Golden Triangle cocktail bar announces closure after 'troubling time'
- 5 Locals split as 'terrifying' 60-year-old chestnut tree is felled
- 6 Lord mayor criticises campaigner in email - and mistakenly copies them in
- 7 Latitude labelled 'Covid fest' by health boss as staff forced to isolate
- 8 'Destination' fish and chip restaurant for sale
- 9 National tool firm opens third Norwich store
- 10 Police appeal after road in Sprowston is hit with two fires in one night
And Chris Brand, Flight Sergeant at the Broadland Squadron has said the teenager, who wants to be a physical instructor in the RAF, is a credit to his squadron.
'He won the regional sports cadet of the year recently and we've never had that trophy awarded to the squadron.
'We're very proud, he's excelled in every sport. He's one of the best in sport in the squadron.
'As a squadron we're over the moon with what he's done.'
For more information about the 222 Broadlands Squadron, email emailing email@example.com
Have you got a story to tell us? Email firstname.lastname@example.org