The Wanted’s Tom Parker told of inoperable brain tumour while on holiday in Norwich
- Credit: PA
The Wanted star Tom Parker has shared his heartbreak after being told he had an inoperable brain tumour while on holiday in Norwich this summer.
Tom and his wife Kelsey broke the tragic news in an interview with OK! Magazine and he is currently undergoing radiotherapy and chemotherapy treatment to prolong his life.
The singer, 32, first noticed something was not right after having a seizure in July and he took himself to A&E the next day.
He was sent home and put on a waiting list for an MRI scan, but after suffering another seizure while on holiday in Norwich in August he was taken to hospital for three days of tests.
Speaking to OK! about when he was given the diagnosis, Tom said: “A couple of days later, when we were still on holiday. Kelsey couldn’t come in because of Covid. They pulled the curtain around my bed and said: ‘It’s a brain tumour’.”
He continued: “It’s stage four glioblastoma and they’ve said it’s terminal. It was a lot to deal with by myself. I still haven’t processed it.”
The couple have a 15-month-old daughter called Aurelia and Kelsey is pregnant.
Tom is currently being treated in London and being supported by family and friends and his former bandmates.
- 1 Walker furious as beauty spot 'ruined' by bush chopping
- 2 City schools to share one site as building returned to council
- 3 House of horrors: Is this the worst council property in Norwich?
- 4 Burger off! Petition launched to scrap new McDonald's plan
- 5 Five of Norwich's best takeaways according to our readers
- 6 Tourist slapped with £100 parking fine for cash machine stop
- 7 New beer and burrito bar opens in city centre
- 8 Petition supporting Western Link gains hundreds of signatures
- 9 Police on hand as anti-vaccine protesters gather in city
- 10 Mum describes heartache year on from daughter's tragic death