The Wanted’s Tom Parker told of inoperable brain tumour while on holiday in Norwich
- Credit: PA
The Wanted star Tom Parker has shared his heartbreak after being told he had an inoperable brain tumour while on holiday in Norwich this summer.
Tom and his wife Kelsey broke the tragic news in an interview with OK! Magazine and he is currently undergoing radiotherapy and chemotherapy treatment to prolong his life.
The singer, 32, first noticed something was not right after having a seizure in July and he took himself to A&E the next day.
He was sent home and put on a waiting list for an MRI scan, but after suffering another seizure while on holiday in Norwich in August he was taken to hospital for three days of tests.
Speaking to OK! about when he was given the diagnosis, Tom said: “A couple of days later, when we were still on holiday. Kelsey couldn’t come in because of Covid. They pulled the curtain around my bed and said: ‘It’s a brain tumour’.”
He continued: “It’s stage four glioblastoma and they’ve said it’s terminal. It was a lot to deal with by myself. I still haven’t processed it.”
The couple have a 15-month-old daughter called Aurelia and Kelsey is pregnant.
You may also want to watch:
Tom is currently being treated in London and being supported by family and friends and his former bandmates.
- 1 Derelict pub on eyesore site could be turned into new Co-op store
- 2 'People are fed up with roasts': Chef ditches Sunday dinner takeaways
- 3 New drive-thru McDonald's to create 65 jobs
- 4 Norwich sonic boom: RAF confirms jet 'inadvertently' caused bang over city
- 5 Two arrested over robbery incidents at post office and shop
- 6 Matt Hancock video-calls Norwich surgery staff to say 'thanks'
- 7 'Hot-headed' woman drove car over police officer's foot
- 8 Hopes raised former pub could become community hub
- 9 Sex offender used secret Twitter account to post indecent material
- 10 Covid team to knock on Norwich doors to get people to self-isolate