Families enjoy outdoor activities to celebrate community health project
- Credit: Rik Martin
Children and families enjoyed fun runs, story and wildlife walks, Tai Chi and Zumba to celebrate a health-boosting community project.
The Lakenham and Tuckswood Energise project was set up two years ago to provide health-promoting activities in south-west Norwich.
To mark the end of the successful project, a family fun day was held on Tuckswood Green, Norwich.
Throughout the past two years a range of age groups have benefited from healthy and fun-filled activities thanks.
These have been provided by Community Action Norfolk and Active Norfolk, in partnership with Norwich City Council and local groups and enthusiasts.
You may also want to watch:
Tonya Winsley, development officer, said: 'More people have met new people through the project, been having fun and getting fit at the same time. Groups of neighbours and friends have contributed ideas about getting more active.'
- 1 Staff lose jobs at retailer Outfit with plans to close permanently
- 2 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 3 'Extraordinary' outbreak of Covid in Norwich prison
- 4 £250,000 of cannabis found in two cars on A11
- 5 Full list of Norwich Market stalls open or delivering during lockdown
- 6 Military personnel deployed to help N&N cope with Covid pressures
- 7 'Village would be worse without it' - Owner on plans for 17th century pub
- 8 Norwich man admits supplying drugs to small group of friends
- 9 Wine bar collapse costs council £70k after lease blunder
- 10 Met Office warns of snow at weekend