Families enjoy outdoor activities to celebrate community health project
- Credit: Rik Martin
Children and families enjoyed fun runs, story and wildlife walks, Tai Chi and Zumba to celebrate a health-boosting community project.
The Lakenham and Tuckswood Energise project was set up two years ago to provide health-promoting activities in south-west Norwich.
To mark the end of the successful project, a family fun day was held on Tuckswood Green, Norwich.
Throughout the past two years a range of age groups have benefited from healthy and fun-filled activities thanks.
These have been provided by Community Action Norfolk and Active Norfolk, in partnership with Norwich City Council and local groups and enthusiasts.
You may also want to watch:
Tonya Winsley, development officer, said: 'More people have met new people through the project, been having fun and getting fit at the same time. Groups of neighbours and friends have contributed ideas about getting more active.'
- 1 Riverside pub welcomes customers again with new owners
- 2 Woman injured by jars of sauce thrown in Sainsbury's
- 3 First Bus investigates 'racist incident' involving driver and girl, 14
- 4 School told to improve three times since 2015 praised by Ofsted
- 5 Fourth time lucky as couple marry at last - with guests!
- 6 Parents open up after teen son's near-fatal motorbike crash
- 7 Norwich man's £500k pay-out for brain injury suffered in work accident
- 8 Indian variant Covid cases in Norfolk 'cause to be cautious'
- 9 Heavy downpours and strong winds to batter Norfolk
- 10 'They're like family': Punters queue outside pubs on reopening day