Families enjoy outdoor activities to celebrate community health project
- Credit: Rik Martin
Children and families enjoyed fun runs, story and wildlife walks, Tai Chi and Zumba to celebrate a health-boosting community project.
The Lakenham and Tuckswood Energise project was set up two years ago to provide health-promoting activities in south-west Norwich.
To mark the end of the successful project, a family fun day was held on Tuckswood Green, Norwich.
Throughout the past two years a range of age groups have benefited from healthy and fun-filled activities thanks.
These have been provided by Community Action Norfolk and Active Norfolk, in partnership with Norwich City Council and local groups and enthusiasts.
Tonya Winsley, development officer, said: 'More people have met new people through the project, been having fun and getting fit at the same time. Groups of neighbours and friends have contributed ideas about getting more active.'
- 1 'Not our fault' - City man hits back on abandoned caravan after land dispute
- 2 From £35k to homeless: Why rough sleepers struggle to get a job
- 3 Burglars smash way into Patisserie Valerie and nab cash
- 4 Boss ordered to build road 15 years ago battles to clear name
- 5 House of horrors: Is this the worst council property in Norwich?
- 6 'I lived in the woods for 20 years': How Sean is starting new life
- 7 Car hits lamppost after two-car crash in Norwich
- 8 'Not worth it!': Councillor wants new bus lane ditched
- 9 Has £10,000 prize crash landed in Norwich from space?
- 10 Store still cordoned off with police tape two months after break-in