Families enjoy outdoor activities to celebrate community health project
- Credit: Rik Martin
Children and families enjoyed fun runs, story and wildlife walks, Tai Chi and Zumba to celebrate a health-boosting community project.
The Lakenham and Tuckswood Energise project was set up two years ago to provide health-promoting activities in south-west Norwich.
To mark the end of the successful project, a family fun day was held on Tuckswood Green, Norwich.
Throughout the past two years a range of age groups have benefited from healthy and fun-filled activities thanks.
These have been provided by Community Action Norfolk and Active Norfolk, in partnership with Norwich City Council and local groups and enthusiasts.
You may also want to watch:
Tonya Winsley, development officer, said: 'More people have met new people through the project, been having fun and getting fit at the same time. Groups of neighbours and friends have contributed ideas about getting more active.'
- 1 City ready for Cantwell and Aarons end game
- 2 More storms ahead as flood warnings remain in place
- 3 'They're blaming me' - Social housing tenant angry over state of flat
- 4 Police and SOS Bus see busy night as clubbing returns to city
- 5 Pupils will start September term in different school over safety fears
- 6 Where are the best rooftop bars in Norwich?
- 7 Body found at Mousehold Heath there for 'considerable amount of time'
- 8 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 9 Taxi companies hit by driver shortages as demand increases
- 10 Hunt for man in connection with drug dealing