Popular club night returns to Norwich
A new club night in Norwich for youngsters with learning difficulties proved so popular that it is returning to the city next month.
More than 150 people aged between 13 and 25 attended the first event, called AJ's, at the Open Youth Trust venue on Bank Plain on February 19.
Youngsters, their parents and carers, came from as far afield as King's Lynn and Great Yarmouth to experience the fun and friendship on offer in Norwich and the positive feedback has prompted a second event to be held on Friday, July 1.
Sarah Mintey, principal of the Open Youth Venue, said: 'We're delighted to be able to run it again.
'We certainly had lots of young people, their parents and their carers asking us to run it again.'
You may also want to watch:
The Open Youth Trust is in the process of making a bid for National Lottery cash to ensure the club night for disabled people is a regular feature in Norwich.
In addition to music in the night club the night will also feature XBox games, pool, air hockey, table tennis as well as a performance by D 4 Dance – a dance group made up of people with disabilities.
- 1 Norwich firm fined £1m over explosion which killed much-loved father
- 2 'Sneaky and selfish' changes to bus route slammed
- 3 Inconvenience store: Family business blighted by roadworks
- 4 Famous Norwich firm locked in legal battle with Red Bull
- 5 Man appears in court over Thorpe St Andrew murder
- 6 Eyesore tags or street art? Artists on graffiti 'tagging' trend
- 7 Britain's poshest train returning to Norwich for Christmas lunch
- 8 'No amount of money will be enough': Explosion widow on £1m chemical fine
- 9 Bars, restaurants and shops - Five new openings in Norwich this September
- 10 ‘Now is NOT the time’: Bosses’ backlash over congestion charge idea
The event was initially organised in memory of two former Open members, Andrew Doddington and Jonathan Iceiton, both of whom have died, but who loved clubbing and never let their disability get in the way of their enjoyment of life.
For more information about AJ's club night at Open or to get tickets for the event call 01603 763111 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.