Norwich wellbeing event being held to coincide with World Mental Health Day
- Credit: Archant
People from across Norfolk are being invited to find out about the wellbeing services provided by Norfolk and Suffolk NHS Foundation Trust (NSFT).
On Wednesday, staff from Wellbeing Norfolk and Suffolk will be in The Forum, with information on the support the service provides for common mental health issues such as depression, anxiety and stress.
The event has been organised to coincide with World Mental Health Day, which is organised by the World Health Organisation and takes place on October 10 each year.
Designed to raise awareness of the importance of looking after mental wellbeing, this year's event carries the theme 'Young people and mental health in a changing world.'
Paola Colombo, minority support co-ordinator at Wellbeing Norfolk & Waveney, said: 'We have supported thousands of people of all ages since Wellbeing Norfolk & Waveney was set up, helping them overcome conditions such as anxiety, depression and stress, get back to work and lead a fulfilling life.
You may also want to watch:
'We would encourage anyone who would like to know more about the services we provide to drop into the Forum on Wednesday and find out how we can support you to lead a productive and enjoyable life.'
The Norwich event is also being used by Norwich and Central Norfolk Mind and Active Norfolk to launch the Get Set to Go project which aims to improve mental health through physical activity.
- 1 Norwich firm fined £1m over explosion which killed much-loved father
- 2 'Sneaky and selfish' changes to bus route slammed
- 3 Man appears in court over Thorpe St Andrew murder
- 4 Inconvenience store: Family business blighted by roadworks
- 5 Man found in city flat named at inquest
- 6 Eyesore tags or street art? Artists on graffiti 'tagging' trend
- 7 ‘Now is NOT the time’: Bosses’ backlash over congestion charge idea
- 8 Hungry and helpless: Rough sleepers' fears ahead of harsh winter
- 9 Villagers' outrage as trees and hedges axed in ongoing battle
- 10 Driver dies in crash on A47
As part of the project's launch, there will be mini try-out sessions of tennis, yoga and table tennis.
Wellbeing Norfolk and Waveney was set up in 2015 and provides a range of holistic, tailored services to support emotional wellbeing in people aged 16 and over, such as talking therapies, workshops, group sessions and one-to-one help. It aims to provide accessible, responsive help before people's problems become too great.
The service is provided by NSFT in partnership with Mind and Relate.
The Wellbeing team will be in The Forum between 11am-3pm on Wednesday.
Anyone aged 16 or over can self-refer to Wellbeing Norfolk and Waveney by calling 0300 123 1503 or visiting wellbeingnands.co.uk