Business leaders tackling loneliness in online video
- Credit: Norwich Together Alliance/Konect
Business and community leaders have released an online video highlighting the importance of tackling loneliness.
The video has been created by Norwich Together Alliance, which is made up of several organisations across the city and set up to reduce social isolation, on Loneliness Awareness Week.
Questions including what does loneliness mean to you and what can people do to make a difference were answered by alliance representatives.
Tracey Drake, local development lead (Norwich) for Business in the Community, said: "Together we can combat loneliness and social isolation."
She added it was important for people to check up on friends who they have not seen for a long time.
Tom Gaskin, founder and chief executive of Pop Up Enterprises community interest company, said: "People need to take the time to listen to somebody and understand their circumstances."
Search Norwich Together Alliance on YouTube.
- 1 Monster rats 'the size of cats' invade city - and get in via the LOO
- 2 New café serves a hundred customers in two hours on opening day
- 3 WATCH: Bus and cyclist skip red light in city
- 4 Spectacle of light with 'Norfolk's biggest ever firework display' announced
- 5 Mayhem at some petrol pumps - but how are other city garages faring?
- 6 Star-studded cast announced for Norwich Theatre Royal 2021 panto
- 7 'Untouchable': People tell how Norwich killer left them in fear of their safety
- 8 SOLD! Royal Arcade goes for £2m MORE than guide price
- 9 This is where you can park for free in Norwich
- 10 Siblings slam council for 'backtracking' on council flat