Business leaders tackling loneliness in online video
- Credit: Norwich Together Alliance/Konect
Business and community leaders have released an online video highlighting the importance of tackling loneliness.
The video has been created by Norwich Together Alliance, which is made up of several organisations across the city and set up to reduce social isolation, on Loneliness Awareness Week.
Questions including what does loneliness mean to you and what can people do to make a difference were answered by alliance representatives.
Tracey Drake, local development lead (Norwich) for Business in the Community, said: "Together we can combat loneliness and social isolation."
She added it was important for people to check up on friends who they have not seen for a long time.
Tom Gaskin, founder and chief executive of Pop Up Enterprises community interest company, said: "People need to take the time to listen to somebody and understand their circumstances."
Search Norwich Together Alliance on YouTube.
- 1 Greater Anglia application to demolish train station thrown out
- 2 What is this mystery tower that has sprung up in Norwich?
- 3 Load of Bull! Anger as Red Bull ramps up threat against Norwich gin firm
- 4 'I can't lose!' City fan places 150/1 bet on Canaries dismal scoring record
- 5 Asteroid bigger than any building on Earth to be visible in Norfolk skies
- 6 Superhero City fan vows 'months of abuse' will not stop him
- 7 Drunk student crashed into hotel wall after drinking tequilas
- 8 Two Norwich shops named among UK's best independent stores
- 9 It's going down! Demolition of car showroom begins to make way for homes
- 10 Seven Sprowston neighbours scoop £30,000 lottery win