'I owe him my life' - Delivery driver drops from size 26 to 14
- Credit: Sammie Stewart
A delivery driver's life has been transformed after losing five stone and a whopping 78.5 inches from around her body.
Sammie Stewart, from Norwich, joined the Bernie Junior Fitness Academy in September 2020 after trying various programmes to lose weight over the years which had not worked.
The 29-year-old weighed 20 stone and working as a delivery driver she admits she would eat things that were convenient.
She said: "I had bad mental health and was eating utter rubbish and things that were convenient to grab and go."
Bernie Junior, 40, is a Norwich personal trainer who started his online academy during the pandemic which was a huge hit.
Following its success, he opened a women-only gym on the Sweet Briar Industrial Estate in September 2021.
Miss Stewart had spotted impressive transformations on his Instagram account and decided to take the plunge.
From September 2020 to September 2021 she lost a staggering five stone, going from a size 26 to 14.
- 1 City pub 'full of life again' after busy opening weekend
- 2 Quaint 'tucked away' house is for sale for the first time in almost 30 years
- 3 Vandals smash charity dinosaur trail T.rex and leave kebab in its mouth
- 4 Mystery over how grotty sofa ended up on garage roof
- 5 Teen slapped with six points on licence - but she can't even drive
- 6 Hidden city garden opening with live music and plant sale
- 7 See inside this £1.15m Bridgerton-style city centre period property
- 8 Can you spot yourself in these photos of Norwich Lanes Summer Fayre 2022?
- 9 Norfolk cheese restaurant is launching bottomless brunch this summer
- 10 Glimpses of Norwich week 25: a picture a day from a week in our fine city
She did it all online, with classes such as boxing and Zumba, a diet overhaul and 121 sessions.
Since Mr Junior opened the gym she has been going there too and has maintained her weight loss, with plans to lose more in 2022.
Miss Stewart added: "I owe him my life - before I met Bernie I had a really negative attitude that I was fat and should deal with it but now I have had a complete 360.
"I have a joint condition and when I was a lot bigger I had to take medication for it and also for my mental health as I was diagnosed with PTSD, but I have now come off both."
Mr Junior now has 150 members at his gym and 400 online and in 2021 his members collectively lost 977 stone.
He opened a women-only gym as his own fitness journey had been weight loss driven, with six stone lost, and he wanted to create a space where women felt confident.
Speaking about Miss Stewart's journey, he said: "I am absolutely ecstatic, the transformation photos I posted on Instagram had a huge response, with people even in America saying how unbelievable it was."