Norwich care home goes ‘the extra mile’
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2015
Staff and residents raise a glass to their care home's top rating.
A Norwich care home is celebrating after being awarded an 'outstanding' rating by the Care Quality Commission.
Heathcote care home on Unthank Road received the highest rating in service caring after an inspection found 'people's care needs were supported by staff who were attentive and showed compassion'.
The report added that 'staff often went the extra mile to provide compassionate support' and 'understood their needs in a way which showed people came first and foremost'.
Thirty members of staff support the 22 elderly people living at Heathcote, which is part of the Black Swan Care Group.
You may also want to watch:
Susan Grieve, senior regional manager, said: 'We are delighted and so very proud of our staff and grateful to them.'
- 1 Norwich firm fined £1m over explosion which killed much-loved father
- 2 'Sneaky and selfish' changes to bus route slammed
- 3 Inconvenience store: Family business blighted by roadworks
- 4 Famous Norwich firm locked in legal battle with Red Bull
- 5 Man appears in court over Thorpe St Andrew murder
- 6 Eyesore tags or street art? Artists on graffiti 'tagging' trend
- 7 Britain's poshest train returning to Norwich for Christmas lunch
- 8 Bars, restaurants and shops - Five new openings in Norwich this September
- 9 'No amount of money will be enough': Explosion widow on £1m chemical fine
- 10 Norwich City away fan car park bar bid rejected again