Norwich care home goes ‘the extra mile’
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2015
Staff and residents raise a glass to their care home's top rating.
A Norwich care home is celebrating after being awarded an 'outstanding' rating by the Care Quality Commission.
Heathcote care home on Unthank Road received the highest rating in service caring after an inspection found 'people's care needs were supported by staff who were attentive and showed compassion'.
The report added that 'staff often went the extra mile to provide compassionate support' and 'understood their needs in a way which showed people came first and foremost'.
Thirty members of staff support the 22 elderly people living at Heathcote, which is part of the Black Swan Care Group.
You may also want to watch:
Susan Grieve, senior regional manager, said: 'We are delighted and so very proud of our staff and grateful to them.'
- 1 Excitement as city pub reopens after 18-month closure
- 2 Reaction to plans for new Norwich Block entertainment venue
- 3 New 170-place school likely to get go-ahead
- 4 Woman hit with £900 vet bill after dog gets 'stoned' on park cannabis stash
- 5 Nut allergy fears spark battle for 'landmark' walnut tree
- 6 Tributes pour in for 'much loved lady' after body found
- 7 Costa Coffee to close Norwich high street cafe
- 8 Man charged with attempted murder after serious Norwich assault
- 9 Pupils demand cycle lane as NDR sends 1200 cars their way during rush hour
- 10 The moment drugs squad smashes down a suspected dealer's door