Norwich care home goes ‘the extra mile’
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2015
Staff and residents raise a glass to their care home's top rating.
A Norwich care home is celebrating after being awarded an 'outstanding' rating by the Care Quality Commission.
Heathcote care home on Unthank Road received the highest rating in service caring after an inspection found 'people's care needs were supported by staff who were attentive and showed compassion'.
The report added that 'staff often went the extra mile to provide compassionate support' and 'understood their needs in a way which showed people came first and foremost'.
Thirty members of staff support the 22 elderly people living at Heathcote, which is part of the Black Swan Care Group.
You may also want to watch:
Susan Grieve, senior regional manager, said: 'We are delighted and so very proud of our staff and grateful to them.'
- 1 All the major 2021 Norwich events scheduled to go ahead
- 2 Award-winning Norfolk school appoints new headteacher
- 3 Craig David announces 2021 outdoor concert in Norwich
- 4 Not so fast Thomas. Farke dismisses Brentford boss claims after 1-0 City win
- 5 Road closure warning for £940,000 traffic shake-up in Norwich
- 6 Teenager jailed for sexual offences in Norwich
- 7 Mum tells how condition has made son, 10, throw himself down stairs
- 8 'Size doesn't matter': Three pals get go-ahead for city micropub
- 9 No recent virus cases in more than a quarter of Norfolk and Waveney
- 10 Norwich City fan recovering after 52-day Covid hospital battle