Norfolk health drive attracts close to 10,000 members
Nearly 9,000 people have joined NHS Norfolk's healthier life campaign Change4Life.
So far 8929 people have joined the network to receive a free welcome or supporters pack after a string of public events over the past few months aimed at increasing health awareness amongst people in Norfolk.
Change4Life is a nationwide movement to help reduce the amount of fat in people's bodies. It provides support in the fight against obesity by encouraging children and adults to make changes to their diet and physical activity levels.
These have included the launch of the Change4Life Convenience Store programme which provides assistance to stores in low income areas to increase the range of fresh fruit and vegetables that they sell, and other themed events.
Alex Lynch, NHS Norfolk's Change4Life co-ordinator, said: 'We are pleased with the uptake so far but we would like to encourage more people to register. You can register as a family, individual or as local supporters.
You may also want to watch:
'Even employers can take part if they want to support the wellbeing of their staff. We'd love the people of Norfolk to get behind the campaign and help us reach 10,000.
'Change4Life offers simple, practical help to live healthier lives. Having too much fat in our bodies increases our chances of developing serious illnesses such as type 2 diabetes, heart disease and cancer.
- 1 Up and coming Norwich musician reaches number 13 in UK charts
- 2 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 3 Shock as cannabis factory found in quiet Broads' village
- 4 The secrets and scandals of a former Norwich hotel
- 5 Bus crashes into lorry in Norwich
- 6 'We're all shocked' - Butchers shop attacked by vandals
- 7 Cycling trail among ideas for new country park
- 8 'Accidents waiting to happen' - Mum vows not to give up 20mph fight
- 9 Norwich hairdresser, former boxer and bodybuilder, dies from Covid
- 10 Government could 'relax' lockdown before mid-February
'And because modern life makes it harder to eat healthy food and get enough exercise, the number of people with a dangerous amount of body fat is growing.'
If you would like to join this growing network you can do so at www.nhs.uk/change4life or call 0300 123 3434.