Norfolk families to benefit from new-look Health Visitor service
Families from Norwich will soon be benefiting from a new-look Health Visitor service, it was announced today.
A redesigned service will be available to families throughout Norfolk after being granted 'Early Implementer' status by the Department of Health.
The decision means the service will be one of just 20 health visitor services nationally, and one of only two in the East of England region, that will start delivering the service to people before March 2012.
The service will be provided to people across Norfolk, with the exception of the Great Yarmouth area, by Norfolk Community Health and Care NHS Trust (NCH&C) and will also be spread out elsewhere across the country by 2015.
The announcement was made this morning by Public Health Minister, Anne Milton, at a launch event in London.
You may also want to watch:
Health Visitors begin helping families during a pregnancy and continue to offer support through the first few weeks after the birth of the baby all the way through until early childhood.
As an Early Implementer, NCH&C's Health Visitor team will begin delivering the new service, which will expand on the existing service by working even closer with other health and care professionals, such as Family Nurse Partnership teams, Sure Start Children's Centres, GPs and midwives.
- 1 'Disaster from start to finish': Parents slam school for failing kids
- 2 Power still out in parts of Norwich city centre six hours later
- 3 Resurfacing works to see closures on three busy city roads
- 4 New £64,000 bus lane could cut 80 seconds off journeys
- 5 People in Norwich fined £21k for failing to pay for prescriptions
- 6 Alan Carr enjoys 'delicious food' and leaves large tip at city restaurant
- 7 'Diabolical' - Fury over trees felled for road widening scheme
- 8 Family piano shop founded in 1887 is leaving the city
- 9 See how Norwich Castle's keep is being transformed
- 10 Roadworks to be aware of in Norwich this week
There will also be a recruitment drive to significantly increase the number of Health Visitors available.
For more information visit www.norfolkcommunityhealthandcare.nhs.uk