Norfolk families to benefit from new-look Health Visitor service
Families from Norwich will soon be benefiting from a new-look Health Visitor service, it was announced today.
A redesigned service will be available to families throughout Norfolk after being granted 'Early Implementer' status by the Department of Health.
The decision means the service will be one of just 20 health visitor services nationally, and one of only two in the East of England region, that will start delivering the service to people before March 2012.
The service will be provided to people across Norfolk, with the exception of the Great Yarmouth area, by Norfolk Community Health and Care NHS Trust (NCH&C) and will also be spread out elsewhere across the country by 2015.
The announcement was made this morning by Public Health Minister, Anne Milton, at a launch event in London.
You may also want to watch:
Health Visitors begin helping families during a pregnancy and continue to offer support through the first few weeks after the birth of the baby all the way through until early childhood.
As an Early Implementer, NCH&C's Health Visitor team will begin delivering the new service, which will expand on the existing service by working even closer with other health and care professionals, such as Family Nurse Partnership teams, Sure Start Children's Centres, GPs and midwives.
- 1 Wine bar collapse costs council £70k after lease blunder
- 2 Inquest opens into death of 13-year-old Norwich girl
- 3 Seven lockdown rules that could change
- 4 NHS asks 200 council staff to help in Norfolk hospitals
- 5 'It's opened my eyes' - What is it really like having coronavirus?
- 6 'Village would be worse without it' - Owner on plans for 17th century pub
- 7 Norwich man admits supplying drugs to small group of friends
- 8 Hospital devises way to treat 1,000 patients with hand injuries in pandemic
- 9 £250,000 of cannabis found in two cars on A11
- 10 'Fighting every shift' - intensive care nurse's harrowing Covid video diary
There will also be a recruitment drive to significantly increase the number of Health Visitors available.
For more information visit www.norfolkcommunityhealthandcare.nhs.uk