Milk donated to N&N as Forum cafe closes temporarily with Pizza Express to follow suit
- Credit: @TheForumNorwich on Twitter
A bulk donation of milk has been made to the Norfolk & Norwich University Hospital by a city centre cafe and restaurant heading into the weekend, as The Forum prepares to close its doors temporarily.
With social distancing measures put in place by the government in response to the Covid-19 outbreak, it’s been a quieter week than usual for outlets serving food and drink to customers.
But Cafe Bar Marzano and Pizza Express at The Forum in Norwich made sure their supplies of milk didn’t go to waste and, with the help of two officers from the nearby Bethal Street Police Station, a donation of 226 litres was made to the N&N.
However, both businesses are temporarily closing during a time when people are being encouraged to work from home where possible and to avoid non-essential social contact, to help prevent the spread of the Covid-19 virus.
Cafe Bar Marzano closed its doors ‘until further notice’ at 4pm today and Pizza Express will follow suit at 5pm tomorrow, as will The Forum Shop by Jarrold.
You may also want to watch:
From 7pm tomorrow The Forum will be closed completely to the public, with all public events cancelled. The car park remains open daily 7am until 7pm but there will be no access to The Forum.
The Norfolk & Norwich Millennium Library will close from 4pm on Saturday, with further advice and information on ebook borrowing available at norfolk.gov.uk.
- 1 'Dream come true': Norwich restaurant wins national award
- 2 Norwich man convicted of murder boasts of mutilating 'up to 30' cats
- 3 'Our lives are being destroyed': Neighbours' despair over noisy students
- 4 Should straight people go into queer clubs and bars?
- 5 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 6 Mum's pleas to move house denied despite GP's concerns over wellbeing
- 7 Man found dead at Thorpe St Andrew home
- 8 See inside this quirky bungalow for sale near Norwich railway station
- 9 Norwich man wanted by police
- 10 'The final straw' - Bakery fears closure over council plans
The Tourist Information Centre is closed and Norfolk Citizens Advice is no longer providing face-to face advice, for further details visit TheForumNorwich.co.uk.
Tim Bishop, chief executive of The Forum, explained: “Acting on the best advice for the health of everyone who uses the Forum we’re shutting the building to the public from 7pm on Saturday.
“We look forward to seeing everyone before too much longer. In the end the Forum isn’t about the building its about everyone who comes here. Stay safe and look after yourselves.”
- Do you have a positive story to share about helping others during the coronavirus outbreak? Join our ‘Norfolk and Waveney Here to Help’ Facebook group.