One month since freedom day - but how free do you feel?
- Credit: Neil Didsbury
Today marks one month since so-called 'Freedom Day', when life was supposed to return largely to normal.
On July 19, most legal restrictions brought in to combat the spread of coronavirus were lifted.
Social distancing was almost completely dropped, groups of more than six people were able to meet and shuttered nightclubs could welcome revellers back to the dancefloor.
The legal rules regarding face coverings also changed, meaning they were no longer mandatory in indoor settings.
Many businesses and organisations have, however, insisted that they continue to be worn inside - especially in crowded and enclosed spaces.
So more than four weeks into this new chapter, we're asking readers: do you actually feel like life has returned to normal?
Let us know by answering our poll or leaving your thoughts in the comments below.
- 1 Busy Norwich city centre road closed due to accident
- 2 Shabby shed being used by car hobbyist is 'planning breach', council says
- 3 'It was a shock' - Burglars raid newsagent after smashing window with axe
- 4 Face masks to be compulsory in shops and public transport, PM announces
- 5 Man who founded Norwich vet hospital retiring after 33 years
- 6 Concerns raised over plans for 180 homes in suburb village
- 7 MP to hold meeting over huge patient backlog at city surgery
- 8 Couple's horror at 'mindless vandalism' as Christmas lights torn down
- 9 'I was a bit gutted' - What change of crest means for Norwich City tattoo fans
- 10 'Calm, graceful and kind': Tributes paid to martial arts world champion