Health volunteers celebrate their vital work with picnic at Norfolk cathedral
- Credit: Norfolk Community Health and Care NHS Trust
Volunteers from across the county have celebrated their hard work and dedication with a picnic at Norwich Cathedral.
The gathering followed National Volunteers Week, which took place between June 1 and June 7, and saw volunteers across the country share and celebrate their work.
The volunteers were welcomed and thanked by the reverend canon of the cathedral Andy Bryant, Dr Venu Harilal who is the medical director at Norfolk Community Health and Care, and Lady Bacon.
Dr Venu Harilal said: 'This is the second year running we have hosted this event to celebrate the achievements of all our volunteers and thank them for their dedicated service.
'Our volunteers provide an invaluable contribution to supporting care and services and it is wonderful to be able to thank them with a dedicated event to show our appreciation.'
You may also want to watch:
If you would like to find out more about volunteering opportunities at NCH&C please email: Volunteering@nchc.nhs.uk
- 1 Woman taken to hospital after police incident in Norwich
- 2 Eager shoppers queue for opening of 20-year-old's vintage clothing shop
- 3 Man, 47, in court on murder charge after Thorpe stabbing
- 4 Man due in court charged with murder after fatal stabbing in Thorpe
- 5 Story behind this famous photo of when Norwich went electric in 1957
- 6 Pet carer service's appeal to survive after Covid and faulty van struggles
- 7 Long-suffering A11 drivers to benefit as 50-year-old road replaced
- 8 Man detained under mental health act after Norwich disturbance
- 9 'Good riddance' - Norwich fans react to European Super League plans
- 10 Meat factory for sale for £1.2million earmarked for homes