Health volunteers celebrate their vital work with picnic at Norfolk cathedral
- Credit: Norfolk Community Health and Care NHS Trust
Volunteers from across the county have celebrated their hard work and dedication with a picnic at Norwich Cathedral.
The gathering followed National Volunteers Week, which took place between June 1 and June 7, and saw volunteers across the country share and celebrate their work.
The volunteers were welcomed and thanked by the reverend canon of the cathedral Andy Bryant, Dr Venu Harilal who is the medical director at Norfolk Community Health and Care, and Lady Bacon.
Dr Venu Harilal said: 'This is the second year running we have hosted this event to celebrate the achievements of all our volunteers and thank them for their dedicated service.
'Our volunteers provide an invaluable contribution to supporting care and services and it is wonderful to be able to thank them with a dedicated event to show our appreciation.'
You may also want to watch:
If you would like to find out more about volunteering opportunities at NCH&C please email: Volunteering@nchc.nhs.uk
- 1 Neighbours' horror after two people found dead in 'peaceful close'
- 2 Man and woman found dead in home
- 3 Parts of busy Norwich road to be shut for three days for repairs
- 4 Water starts gushing out of sinkhole on Norwich city centre road
- 5 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 6 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 7 £800k roadworks branded 'waste of time and effort'
- 8 Praise for city's welcoming spirit after 'phenomenal' Norwich Pride
- 9 Twin Bakes sell out of treats during first pop-up sale
- 10 Norwich pub to temporarily close this summer because of 'pingdemic'