Health volunteers celebrate their vital work with picnic at Norfolk cathedral
- Credit: Norfolk Community Health and Care NHS Trust
Volunteers from across the county have celebrated their hard work and dedication with a picnic at Norwich Cathedral.
The gathering followed National Volunteers Week, which took place between June 1 and June 7, and saw volunteers across the country share and celebrate their work.
The volunteers were welcomed and thanked by the reverend canon of the cathedral Andy Bryant, Dr Venu Harilal who is the medical director at Norfolk Community Health and Care, and Lady Bacon.
Dr Venu Harilal said: 'This is the second year running we have hosted this event to celebrate the achievements of all our volunteers and thank them for their dedicated service.
'Our volunteers provide an invaluable contribution to supporting care and services and it is wonderful to be able to thank them with a dedicated event to show our appreciation.'
You may also want to watch:
If you would like to find out more about volunteering opportunities at NCH&C please email: Volunteering@nchc.nhs.uk
- 1 Norwich hairdresser, former boxer and bodybuilder, dies from Covid
- 2 The secrets and scandals of a former Norwich hotel
- 3 Drink driver arrested after crashing into two trees in Norwich
- 4 Up and coming Norwich musician reaches number 13 in UK charts
- 5 Centre takes action after IT failure causes long queues for Covid jab
- 6 Can you rehome this Terrier who has spent nine years at animal sanctuary?
- 7 Map reveals the most serious crashes on the NDR since it fully opened
- 8 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 9 Road in Norwich to close for four weeks for £50,000 improvement scheme
- 10 9 of Norfolk's most famous blue plaques