Health volunteers celebrate their vital work with picnic at Norfolk cathedral
- Credit: Norfolk Community Health and Care NHS Trust
Volunteers from across the county have celebrated their hard work and dedication with a picnic at Norwich Cathedral.
The gathering followed National Volunteers Week, which took place between June 1 and June 7, and saw volunteers across the country share and celebrate their work.
The volunteers were welcomed and thanked by the reverend canon of the cathedral Andy Bryant, Dr Venu Harilal who is the medical director at Norfolk Community Health and Care, and Lady Bacon.
Dr Venu Harilal said: 'This is the second year running we have hosted this event to celebrate the achievements of all our volunteers and thank them for their dedicated service.
'Our volunteers provide an invaluable contribution to supporting care and services and it is wonderful to be able to thank them with a dedicated event to show our appreciation.'
You may also want to watch:
If you would like to find out more about volunteering opportunities at NCH&C please email: Volunteering@nchc.nhs.uk
- 1 Alan Carr enjoys 'delicious food' and leaves large tip at city restaurant
- 2 'Disaster from start to finish': Parents slam school for failing kids
- 3 See how Norwich Castle's keep is being transformed
- 4 'I don't feel safe' - Boss' fears just one month into shop job
- 5 Family piano shop founded in 1887 is leaving the city
- 6 Schoolchildren still without playing field after TWO YEARS
- 7 Power still out in parts of Norwich city centre six hours later
- 8 Tributes paid to 'amazing' Norwich shop worker
- 9 Power cut hits Norwich city centre
- 10 New £64,000 bus lane could cut 80 seconds off journeys