Health volunteers celebrate their vital work with picnic at Norfolk cathedral
- Credit: Norfolk Community Health and Care NHS Trust
Volunteers from across the county have celebrated their hard work and dedication with a picnic at Norwich Cathedral.
The gathering followed National Volunteers Week, which took place between June 1 and June 7, and saw volunteers across the country share and celebrate their work.
The volunteers were welcomed and thanked by the reverend canon of the cathedral Andy Bryant, Dr Venu Harilal who is the medical director at Norfolk Community Health and Care, and Lady Bacon.
Dr Venu Harilal said: 'This is the second year running we have hosted this event to celebrate the achievements of all our volunteers and thank them for their dedicated service.
'Our volunteers provide an invaluable contribution to supporting care and services and it is wonderful to be able to thank them with a dedicated event to show our appreciation.'
If you would like to find out more about volunteering opportunities at NCH&C please email: Volunteering@nchc.nhs.uk
- 1 House of horrors: Is this the worst council property in Norwich?
- 2 'Fixer upper' lodge home goes up for sale near Norwich city centre
- 3 Store still cordoned off with police tape two months after break-in
- 4 'Not our fault' - City man hits back on abandoned caravan after land dispute
- 5 Tourist slapped with £100 parking fine for cash machine stop
- 6 Burger off! Petition launched to scrap new McDonald's plan
- 7 Burglars smash way into Patisserie Valerie and nab cash
- 8 Battered bus shelter wrapped in police tape after delivery van smash
- 9 'Please help': Family's plea for support for superfan Lily's funeral
- 10 Walker furious as beauty spot 'ruined' by bush chopping