Gratitude to readers after presents for patients on Christmas Day are delivered to the Norfolk and Norwich hospital
- Credit: Archant
A big round of thanks is today given to everyone who supported the Evening News and Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital's (N&N) Christmas present appeal, after the deadline for donations passed.
Readers reacted in droves to our Send a Smile with Santa campaign - run jointly with the N&N - with many different presents left at our office on Rouen Road during the month-long campaign.
Yesterday the Evening News handed over around 300 presents, enough to fill two cars, to the hospital.
Many presents have also been donated directly to the hospital, while other businesses have already dropped off their collected presents.
N&N staff will count and wrap the presents later this week.
You may also want to watch:
Emma McKay, director of nursing at the hospital, said: 'We've been thrilled by the generosity shown by local people and businesses over the course of our Send a Smile with Santa campaign and I'd like to extend our sincere thanks to everyone who has donated presents.
'The hospital staff work hard to make Christmas a happy time for patients and families, and the donations we have received from the public will make it an extra special time for them.
- 1 New virus named after Norfolk village
- 2 Jailed in July: Drug dealing, knife crime and manslaughter
- 3 New landlords hope to serve up Thai food in suburban pub
- 4 Ex-filling station set to become kebab and pizza takeaway
- 5 Duo launch new business inspired by Norwich coffee culture
- 6 Woman's mission to block traffic for 'car free' street party
- 7 Police boss speaks out after spate of shocking deaths
- 8 'How could somebody do this?' - Clothes stolen from domestic abuse charity
- 9 Driving instructor shares terrifying videos of NDR near misses
- 10 Lap dancing club to be allowed to stay open until 6am
'We're determined that our patients do not miss out on the magic of Christmas simply because they are in hospital.'
Evening News editor David Powles said: 'We're delighted that so many Evening News readers have taken the time to donate presents for the appeal.
'From businesses to families – many people have been kind enough to give us items that will make spending Christmas on a hospital ward a more festive experience.
'We want to thank everyone who has donated to the appeal and hope the patients like the presents.'
The Evening News will reveal the number of presents donated once all the acceptable items have been counted.