Evening News readers split over mask-wearing
- Credit: Archant 2020
A straw poll of shoppers in the city centre has shown that the tide of mask-wearing is beginning to turn, as more people start to unmask.
However, members of the Evening News Facebook page remain heavily divided on the matter - with strong opinions expressed in both directions.
We asked members for their approach to mask-wearing - whether they are still wearing them or not and why.
Lawrence Wolfe said: "It is a very, very tiny price to pay to protect those around us."
Kathryn Hunt though said: "I have not worn a mask since the government lifted the rule. However, I still was my hands regularly as good hygiene is always a must."
You may also want to watch:
Gillian Skinner said: "My partner and I both have reduced immunity - we need to keep as safe as possible."
But Shirley McGowen said: "I steer clear of those wearing masks as it makes me feel like they are poorly."
- 1 How Norwich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 2 'It's very bad'-Trade decline frustration at stores as roadworks take place
- 3 Tudor Stores reopens as manager resigns over safety fears
- 4 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 5 Teenagers set to be sentenced over stabbing
- 6 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 7 'Such a shame': Social media scammer targets Norwich pub
- 8 'Significant' amount of cash and electronics stolen from city home
- 9 Grill van serving gourmet burgers and hot dogs gets residency at city pub
- 10 All of Norwich's Christmas opening hours
Matilda Stannard-Moore said: "I'm taking a bit of a common sense approach. If I'm somewhere which is quite open or very quiet I haven't been wearing one. Definitely in supermarkets and on public transport - mainly to make other people feel at ease."