Evening News readers split over mask-wearing
- Credit: Archant 2020
A straw poll of shoppers in the city centre has shown that the tide of mask-wearing is beginning to turn, as more people start to unmask.
However, members of the Evening News Facebook page remain heavily divided on the matter - with strong opinions expressed in both directions.
We asked members for their approach to mask-wearing - whether they are still wearing them or not and why.
Lawrence Wolfe said: "It is a very, very tiny price to pay to protect those around us."
Kathryn Hunt though said: "I have not worn a mask since the government lifted the rule. However, I still was my hands regularly as good hygiene is always a must."
Gillian Skinner said: "My partner and I both have reduced immunity - we need to keep as safe as possible."
But Shirley McGowen said: "I steer clear of those wearing masks as it makes me feel like they are poorly."
- 1 The top 7 fish and chip shops in Norwich according to Tripadvisor
- 2 Supporters' fears that Spurs game at Carrow Road may turn nasty
- 3 'I'm considering living on a boat because houses are so expensive'
- 4 Nursery confirms closure following financial battle
- 5 Man arrested after hundreds of cannabis plants seized in city
- 6 Finishing touches added to new Tesco store in city centre
- 7 Two drivers writing on notepads among 21 motorists caught in 90 minutes
- 8 Controversial work to weld bridge shut cancelled after legal row
- 9 Fashion boutique to shut with FOUR MONTH closing down sale
- 10 City folk baffled after being barricaded into their own homes
Matilda Stannard-Moore said: "I'm taking a bit of a common sense approach. If I'm somewhere which is quite open or very quiet I haven't been wearing one. Definitely in supermarkets and on public transport - mainly to make other people feel at ease."