First look of N&N's breast cancer unit waiting area
- Credit: NNUH
An £800,000 campaign to create a one stop breast cancer unit at the city's hospital has shared the first images of its new reception and waiting area.
The Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital charity is now more than halfway towards its total, raising £450,000 for the Boudicca Appeal to provide patients with all the necessary treatment in one appointment.
The current breast cancer unit handles all referrals of suspected breast cancer from GPs – a number which has almost doubled in recent years.
The next part of the work is the unit's counselling rooms for patients.
Dr Arne Juette, consultant radiologist and director of breast screening at NNUH, said: “The next stage of the breast cancer unit will see us invest in enhancing the environment for patients and staff at the unit. Having all these improvements to the expanded breast unit will give patients a more holistic experience in a soothing environment.
The unit will have rooms designed for individual patient use, quiet rooms for privacy and dignity. Extra space will allow for continued improvements to the support we offer patients.”
You may also want to watch:
To support the appeal visit: https://nnuh.enthuse.com/cf/boudicca-appeal
- 1 Boss puts Queen Anne family home up for sale for £1.325m
- 2 Prince of Wales Road will bounce back, nightlife stalwarts predict
- 3 EFL announce revised schedule to avoid Prince Philip funeral clash
- 4 Norwich takeaway's food poisoning complaint investigation closed
- 5 People queue at Norwich Primark an hour before 7am reopening
- 6 Childhood friends unite to launch barbershop together
- 7 Police close section of A11 due to crash
- 8 Tenants battled 'extreme mould' for months
- 9 Farke makes a pact with City squad
- 10 Norwich City transfer rumours: Prolific Greek international in Canaries' sights