Carers workshop to launch in Norfolk
- Credit: Archant
A Norfolk carers service are holding a workshop to help those looking after family members.
Carers Matter Norfolk are holding the workshop in Long Stratton as part of their free services available to people aged 16+ caring for someone aged 18+.
A spokesperson from Carers Matter Norfolk said: 'It's hugely important to help carers as they spend so much time caring for others that they don't do enough for themselves.'
The event will feature practical demonstrations on safer moving & handling, making hydration fun, safe and fun physical activity for carers and music mirrors, an innovative approach to capturing the memories of people living with memory loss.
Carers Matter Norfolk is a countywide service funded by Norfolk County Council and the NHS to provide support to unpaid carers.
You may also want to watch:
The event will take place on Wednesday, October 30 between 10am - 1pm at Long Stratton Village Hall on Ipswich Road.
For more information email email@example.com or ring their freephone on 0800 083 1148
- 1 Shocking CCTV shows carer abusing woman with dementia
- 2 Six people arrested after man in 50s was stabbed in Norwich
- 3 Hethersett student offered place at prestigious music school
- 4 Work under way to build new Lidl alongside NDR
- 5 Office plan revealed for part of disused city pub
- 6 Police still at scene of daylight knife attack
- 7 Traffic shake-ups put forward for four roads in Norwich
- 8 Warnings for snow and ice in place across region
- 9 Man seriously injured after crash
- 10 Fears planning shake-up will threaten Norwich city centre