Carers workshop to launch in Norfolk
- Credit: Archant
A Norfolk carers service are holding a workshop to help those looking after family members.
Carers Matter Norfolk are holding the workshop in Long Stratton as part of their free services available to people aged 16+ caring for someone aged 18+.
A spokesperson from Carers Matter Norfolk said: 'It's hugely important to help carers as they spend so much time caring for others that they don't do enough for themselves.'
The event will feature practical demonstrations on safer moving & handling, making hydration fun, safe and fun physical activity for carers and music mirrors, an innovative approach to capturing the memories of people living with memory loss.
Carers Matter Norfolk is a countywide service funded by Norfolk County Council and the NHS to provide support to unpaid carers.
You may also want to watch:
The event will take place on Wednesday, October 30 between 10am - 1pm at Long Stratton Village Hall on Ipswich Road.
For more information email email@example.com or ring their freephone on 0800 083 1148
- 1 Influencer loses one-of-a-kind wedding ring at coast
- 2 Man found dead in Norwich hotel
- 3 Woman taken to hospital after police incident in Norwich
- 4 Norwich pub allowed to reopen after licensing u-turn
- 5 'It's very very noisy' - broken manhole cover keeps couple awake at night
- 6 Police swoop after £400k cocaine parcel delivered to Norwich house
- 7 New Danish bakery in Norwich sells over 1,000 pastries in first week
- 8 Couple turn grain store into 'James Bond' home
- 9 Measures taken to make dog walkers feel safer in Norwich park
- 10 Axe for Norwich Tourist Information Centre as closure announced