Carers workshop to launch in Norfolk
- Credit: Archant
A Norfolk carers service are holding a workshop to help those looking after family members.
Carers Matter Norfolk are holding the workshop in Long Stratton as part of their free services available to people aged 16+ caring for someone aged 18+.
A spokesperson from Carers Matter Norfolk said: 'It's hugely important to help carers as they spend so much time caring for others that they don't do enough for themselves.'
The event will feature practical demonstrations on safer moving & handling, making hydration fun, safe and fun physical activity for carers and music mirrors, an innovative approach to capturing the memories of people living with memory loss.
Carers Matter Norfolk is a countywide service funded by Norfolk County Council and the NHS to provide support to unpaid carers.
You may also want to watch:
The event will take place on Wednesday, October 30 between 10am - 1pm at Long Stratton Village Hall on Ipswich Road.
For more information email email@example.com or ring their freephone on 0800 083 1148
- 1 'Our lives are being destroyed': Neighbours' despair over noisy students
- 2 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 3 'The final straw' - Bakery fears closure over council plans
- 4 Man found dead at Thorpe St Andrew home
- 5 'Dream come true': Norwich restaurant wins national award
- 6 Diversions in place on A47 near Norwich due to flooding
- 7 Norwich man wanted by police
- 8 Mum's pleas to move house denied despite GP's concerns over wellbeing
- 9 Norwich man convicted of murder boasts of mutilating 'up to 30' cats
- 10 See inside this quirky bungalow for sale near Norwich railway station