Another vaccination site launches in Norwich
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2020
A new coronavirus vaccination site has been launched in Norwich this week.
The Boots Riverside store is the latest specially designed facility which has opened its doors from Monday for patients to receive jabs.
The vaccine will be administered by Boots pharmacists with Norwich joining 38 other stores across the country in administering doses.
Nick Sunderland, programme director for vaccines at Boots, said: "Our pharmacy team in Norwich Riverside are hugely excited by the opportunity to help their local community by offering the Covid-19 vaccine instore.
"We are incredibly proud to be supporting the NHS to deliver Covid-19 vaccinations – our stores are conveniently located and accessible.
"We look forward to welcoming patients over the coming days and weeks.”
Patients will be invited directly by the NHS to book their vaccination appointment at Boots.
- 1 Bid for 4,000 homes could turn village near NDR into 'town'
- 2 Miss Wiggy, the 26-stone pig who lived in NR3, dies aged 13
- 3 Man in his 60s charged in connection with city murder
- 4 Plea to find next-of-kin after death of 48-year-old Norwich man
- 5 Revealed: Where Japanese knotweed has been spotted in Norfolk
- 6 Norwich Lanes Summer Fayre returns with stalls, live music and 'great food'
- 7 'Frustrated' father fined for accidentally overstaying in city car park
- 8 Woman loses 11 stone after gastric band nightmare
- 9 Wall-to-wall fun: Former shop transformed into climbing centre
- 10 Investigation launched after disabled woman stranded at bus stop
The company is keen to stress that any customer who has their vaccination with Boots will have the service done by a trained pharmacist.
A vaccine centre has been running at the Food Court of Castle Quarter since mid-January in Norwich.
This is being managed and overseen by the NHS who are working with Castle Quarter on managing the site.