Covid vaccine centre celebrates 50,000 jabs milestone
- Credit: Norfolk and Waveney CCG
A Norwich doctor's surgery has smashed its vaccination target and has inoculated 50,000 people against Covid-19.
Lionwood Medical Practice, off Plumstead Road, has been a coronavirus vaccine site since December 2020.
To help with the jabs process, its 88-strong army of volunteers has given 2,331 hours in total to the surgery's effort.
The practice's business manager Lyn Bostan said: "Not only have we continued to see our patients for their routine appointments, but with the help of our volunteers we have managed to vaccinate more than 50,000 of our local community in the national fight against the pandemic.
"Our volunteers, working in shifts, have contributed enormously to our success. Up to 12 of them each day have been attending the practice to help register people, make them comfortable and ensure the process runs smoothly.
You may also want to watch:
"We couldn’t have achieved this without their goodwill and support."
- 1 'Second time this year' - Armed police called to Norwich street
- 2 Driver cut from vehicle after crash on Norwich ring road
- 3 Canaries closing in on new shirt sponsor
- 4 Number of homes for derelict site could be increased to 200
- 5 Glass smashed and racist graffiti sprayed onto Norwich house
- 6 Man denies causing death by careless driving on A47 in Norfolk
- 7 City centre street set to close at weekend
- 8 38 Norfolk schools and university named in students' accounts of sex abuse
- 9 Campaigners angry as park hedge cut down for tennis court scheme
- 10 Cannabis dealer had more than £8300 in cash stashed away