Search for 200 volunteers for coronavirus vaccination centres
- Credit: Getty Images/Istockphoto
More than 200 volunteers are being sought to help with vaccination centres in Norfolk and Waveney.
The Cambridgeshire Community Services NHS Trust, which will be running the centres, has asked Voluntary Norfolk to provide an estimated 200 volunteers when the centres are up and running in the region.
The Norfolk and Waveney Clinical Commissioning Group (NWCCG) will help facilitate vaccinations and has been developing how to deliver the programme to those vulnerable living in rural areas.
It is understood vaccination centres will operate across Norfolk and Waveney in "rural and urban locations" seven days a week for 12 hours a day.
Volunteers are being sought to assist in a ushering and patient flow role, directing patients and traffic on site in car parks and/or internal stewarding within waiting areas pre and post vaccination.
All volunteers will be given appropriate training, supervision and personal protective equipment to wear.
You may also want to watch:
Full details of where these vaccination centres will be located have yet to be released.
- 1 City ready for Cantwell and Aarons end game
- 2 'They're blaming me' - Social housing tenant angry over state of flat
- 3 Body found at Mousehold Heath there for 'considerable amount of time'
- 4 Pupils will start September term in different school over safety fears
- 5 More storms ahead as flood warnings remain in place
- 6 Where are the best rooftop bars in Norwich?
- 7 'A great guy' - Tributes to much-loved City fan who travelled home and away
- 8 Hunt for man in connection with drug dealing
- 9 More than a dozen arrests in Norwich on Saturday night
- 10 Perfect plaices? Three fish and chip firms go up for sale