Search for 200 volunteers for coronavirus vaccination centres
- Credit: Getty Images/Istockphoto
More than 200 volunteers are being sought to help with vaccination centres in Norfolk and Waveney.
The Cambridgeshire Community Services NHS Trust, which will be running the centres, has asked Voluntary Norfolk to provide an estimated 200 volunteers when the centres are up and running in the region.
The Norfolk and Waveney Clinical Commissioning Group (NWCCG) will help facilitate vaccinations and has been developing how to deliver the programme to those vulnerable living in rural areas.
It is understood vaccination centres will operate across Norfolk and Waveney in "rural and urban locations" seven days a week for 12 hours a day.
Volunteers are being sought to assist in a ushering and patient flow role, directing patients and traffic on site in car parks and/or internal stewarding within waiting areas pre and post vaccination.
All volunteers will be given appropriate training, supervision and personal protective equipment to wear.
You may also want to watch:
Full details of where these vaccination centres will be located have yet to be released.
- 1 Norwich hairdresser, former boxer and bodybuilder, dies from Covid
- 2 The secrets and scandals of a former Norwich hotel
- 3 Drink driver arrested after crashing into two trees in Norwich
- 4 Up and coming Norwich musician reaches number 13 in UK charts
- 5 Centre takes action after IT failure causes long queues for Covid jab
- 6 Can you rehome this Terrier who has spent nine years at animal sanctuary?
- 7 Map reveals the most serious crashes on the NDR since it fully opened
- 8 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 9 Road in Norwich to close for four weeks for £50,000 improvement scheme
- 10 'A little bit of hope' - Care home manager look back on last 10 months