Search for 200 volunteers for coronavirus vaccination centres
- Credit: Getty Images/Istockphoto
More than 200 volunteers are being sought to help with vaccination centres in Norfolk and Waveney.
The Cambridgeshire Community Services NHS Trust, which will be running the centres, has asked Voluntary Norfolk to provide an estimated 200 volunteers when the centres are up and running in the region.
The Norfolk and Waveney Clinical Commissioning Group (NWCCG) will help facilitate vaccinations and has been developing how to deliver the programme to those vulnerable living in rural areas.
It is understood vaccination centres will operate across Norfolk and Waveney in "rural and urban locations" seven days a week for 12 hours a day.
Volunteers are being sought to assist in a ushering and patient flow role, directing patients and traffic on site in car parks and/or internal stewarding within waiting areas pre and post vaccination.
All volunteers will be given appropriate training, supervision and personal protective equipment to wear.
You may also want to watch:
Full details of where these vaccination centres will be located have yet to be released.
- 1 'Disaster from start to finish': Parents slam school for failing kids
- 2 Power still out in parts of Norwich city centre six hours later
- 3 New £64,000 bus lane could cut 80 seconds off journeys
- 4 Resurfacing works to see closures on three busy city roads
- 5 Alan Carr enjoys 'delicious food' and leaves large tip at city restaurant
- 6 Family piano shop founded in 1887 is leaving the city
- 7 'Diabolical' - Fury over trees felled for road widening scheme
- 8 People in Norwich fined £21k for failing to pay for prescriptions
- 9 See how Norwich Castle's keep is being transformed
- 10 Roadworks to be aware of in Norwich this week