Head boy Ingram spearheads a cup giant-killing
It was cup day all round on Sunday for teams in the Anglia Access Veterans' League.
In the second round of the League Cup top scorers were Third Division King's Head Loddon who accounted for First Division Framlingham Town at home by 7-1. On target were Mark Ingram with a hat-trick, two from Martin Butcher and one apiece from Adrian Battisson and top scorer Micky Breeze with six to his name.
A brace from Jimmy Nichols helped Division Two side Aylsham Black Boys defeat Poringland Wanderers 2-1. Richard Stocks replied. Division One Horsford squeezed home by the same scoreline at newcomers Caister with Tony D'eath and last season's League top scorer Stuart Herd on the scoresheet. Lyndon Haylett replied for the Seasiders.
Division Two outfit Gt Yarmouth Postals suffered a heavy home defeat to Scole United from a division below them. Marksmen for the South Norfolk side were Mark Noble and Anthony Payne with doubles and one each from Dale Barrett, Ian Constance and Graham Ruddock. Top scorer Colin Danby netted both for the Postmen.
Gt Yarmouth side Kings Arms Crusaders had a narrow 3-2 home win over near neighbours Martham. Goals were shared between Ian Ellis, Jason Pollard and Micky Pywell.
You may also want to watch:
Division Four Thetford Sports & Social Club put up a brave fight against Premier Division outfit Woodbridge Town at The Nunnery Stud. Class told in the end with the Suffolk club winning by three clear goals.
It was also the first round of the League Shield with Harleston OB the only Norfolk team to make it through to the next stage. They beat visitors Kirkley & Pakefield Res by the odd goal of three with Paul Bedwell and Matt Myall on target. Nik Johnston replied for the visitors. Mulbarton lost 4-2 to visitors Spexhall Huntsman & Hounds after gifting three own goals to the opposition. Christian Kelly neted for Mulbarton. Watton United Res also lost interest in the competition, losing 2-0 to Sole Bay.
- 1 How landlord behind squalid flats was finally brought to justice
- 2 Norwich pub's shock after city council refuse outdoor seating bid
- 3 See work to transform former bakery into £13m site
- 4 Landlord fined £6,100 for state of Norwich apartment block
- 5 Extinction Rebellion protesters arrested for smashing Barclays windows
- 6 Vulnerable 15-year-old brought to Norwich from London to deal drugs
- 7 'Delighted to be out again' - City centre pub gardens proving popular
- 8 Wrestling school stars in Channel 4 show with top comedian
- 9 House blaze tackled by firefighters
- 10 Concerns for missing 29-year-old Norfolk man's welfare
• League Cup Second Round: Aylsham Black Boys 2, Poringland Wdrs 1; Brantham Ath 3, Whitton Utd 0; Bungay Tn 6, Hellesdon 0; Caister 1, Horsford 2; Eastern Electricity OB 9, Beccles Caxton 2; Gt Yarmouth Postals 2, Scole Utd 7; Harts 2, Felixstowe Falcons 1; King's Arms Crusaders 3, Martham 2; King's Head Loddon 7, Framlingham Tn 1; Kirkley and Pakefield 6, Kesgrave Ath 2; Leiston 2, Chilton 3; Stowupland Falcons 2, FC Fore Hamlet 0; Thetford S&SC 0, Woodbridge Tn 3; Yaxley Cherry Tree 7, Bury Tn 3.
• League Shield First Round: Bar 129 3, Ipswich Utd 2; Elmswell 3, Suffolk Police 1; Harleston OB 2, Kirkley and Pakefield Res 1; Ipswich Revolution 1, Coddenham 8; Mulbarton 2, Spexhall Huntsman and Hounds 4; Watton Utd Res 0, Sole Bay 2.