More than £2,500 raised for neglected children at Norwich City Football charity event
- Credit: HAYS Recruiting experts
More than 100 people turned out for a charity quiz evening hosted at Norwich City Football Club.
The event on June 28 saw 132 people pour into the Norwich City grounds, in honour of Action for Children.
The event, hosted by Hays Recruitment Consultant, raised a whopping £2,576 for the children's charity.
Giles Dawson, a recruitment consultant with Hays said: 'We were amazed by the generosity of so many local businesses who donated a variety of exciting prizes for the charity raffle.
'We have had really great feedback from the attendees and we want to say a big thank you to all who attended.'
You may also want to watch:
The evening also included a raffle, the majority of which were donated by local businesses.
Mr Dawson added: 'The event wouldn't have been possible without Riva Jervis (Business Manager at Hays) and the Hays team, who organised and orchestrated the event from start to finish.'
- 1 £6.1m shopping street revamp will take half of 2022 to complete
- 2 Enjoy afternoon tea on Britain's poshest train departing from Norwich
- 3 'No help to us' - Mixed views on £6.1m street revamp
- 4 Resurfacing works to see closures on three busy city roads
- 5 People in Norwich fined £21k for failing to pay for prescriptions
- 6 Business fears for Christmas trade if council doesn't fix traffic 'chaos'
- 7 'She shouted for 90 minutes': Councillor guilty of harassing railway staff
- 8 Child sex abuse victim: 'I'm still angry, but haven't let him ruin my life'
- 9 'Disaster from start to finish': Parents slam school for failing kids
- 10 Former policeman in court in Norwich charged with rape and assaults
A total of 33 teams turned out for the event, of four people apiece.
The winning team came from CVS.