Have you entered our design a gorilla competition?
If not, why not?
The Norwich Evening News has a large five feet tall, almost three feet wide gorilla in their care, and next summer it will form one of the 50 large gorillas leading a trail around the city centre.
Like the elephant trail in 2008, the animals need to have bright, colourful and imaginative designs etched on to their bodies.
But the Evening News' gorilla is, at the moment, sad, colourless, and without a design in sight.
So, we are asking readers change this by getting creative, and coming up with an amazing design and winning the chance to have it displayed on our gorilla for people visiting the city to admire.
Local companies throughout the region will be working with skilful artists to create a fitting design for the fibreglass gorilla they are sponsoring.
In the summer of next year the animals will form a trail around the city centre in aid of the children's and young person's charity, Break.
- 1 City teen named Ikea drops furniture brand as first name
- 2 Escaped giant eagle owl spotted in Norwich city centre
- 3 Toddler died after getting trapped between stair gates
- 4 Norwich chippy ranked as one of best in UK
- 5 City flat with spiral staircase and balcony bedroom for sale for £190k
- 6 'She died alone': Plea to raise funds for Ruth who died before Christmas
- 7 Owner of 'thriving' cheesecake business now looking to open shop
- 8 'It drives my wife crazy' - See inside Norwich fan's footy mancave
- 9 Schools face classroom closures due to Covid
- 10 Road plunged into darkness after street light not fixed for two months
Readers can bring the gorilla to life with their unique design, with the money raised from gorilla project next summer going to the charity's causes in the county.
Once you've completed your gorilla masterpiece, and written around 100 words about your design, read the terms and conditions, sign them, and post it all back to us at Design a Gorilla, Editorial Department, Prospect House, Rouen Road, Norwich, NR1 1RE. The competition closes on November 21.
To download your template and the terms and conditions visit our homepage or visit our offices where the forms will be waiting at reception.