Hairdresser scoops award – now she is part of elite team of stylists
- Credit: Archant
A Norwich hairdresser has proved herself to be a cut above the rest after winning a place on a prestigious national programme.
Mollie Cavell, 21, impressed judges in London with her presentation and perfectly-styled model to be on this year's Lorèal ID Artist Team.
Miss Cavell, a stylist at The Gallery salon on Waterloo Road in north city, battled other hairdressers from across the country to win the once in a lifetime experience.
The scheme means Miss Cavell, from Marlingford, will travel all over Europe and the UK, being taught the latest cutting and styling techniques.
She said: 'I'm really pleased to be a part of something so big and exciting team. I can't wait to share my ideas and experiences with the rest of the Gallery team.'
You may also want to watch:
The young star first started cutting hair at just 17, training at City College Norwich before starting work at The Gallery.
The salon said they wished Miss Cavell 'all the luck in the world'.
- 1 £6.1m shopping street revamp will take half of 2022 to complete
- 2 Enjoy afternoon tea on Britain's poshest train departing from Norwich
- 3 'No help to us' - Mixed views on £6.1m street revamp
- 4 Resurfacing works to see closures on three busy city roads
- 5 People in Norwich fined £21k for failing to pay for prescriptions
- 6 Business fears for Christmas trade if council doesn't fix traffic 'chaos'
- 7 'She shouted for 90 minutes': Councillor guilty of harassing railway staff
- 8 Child sex abuse victim: 'I'm still angry, but haven't let him ruin my life'
- 9 'Disaster from start to finish': Parents slam school for failing kids
- 10 Former policeman in court in Norwich charged with rape and assaults