H.Samuel store in Norwich to close ‘until further notice’ following fire
- Credit: Archant
A jewellery shop in Norwich city centre will remain closed until further notice following a fire.
Firefighters were called just after 11am on Thursday after reports of a blaze at the H.Samuel store on Gentleman's Walk.
Crews from Sprowston and Earlham attended the blaze and were at the scene for half an hour.
Crews used hose reel jets and a thermal imaging camera to extinguish the fire.
A spokesperson for the national chain confirmed the store will be closed until further notice to assess and repair damage.
They added: 'Our efforts are currently focused upon ensuring the welfare of our staff.
'We'll be spending time with each of them to offer them support following this incident.'
H.Samuel is situated between Hotter and Lloyds Bank in the city centre and there is also a branch at intu Chapelfield.
- 1 Shabby shed being used by car hobbyist is 'planning breach', council says
- 2 Winter Wonderland coming to park with ice slide, donkeys and reindeer
- 3 Riverside assault witness thought adults were breaking it up
- 4 5 of the best heated pub gardens in Norwich
- 5 Charity worker risks losing THOUSANDS due to ongoing moving delays
- 6 Tributes paid to city busman Peter, the 'life and soul' of his family
- 7 'It looks like a supermarket car park': Fury over floodlit city park
- 8 Rats and mice invading walls of city homes as winter kicks in
- 9 Teenage girls in hospital after unprovoked mob attack
- 10 MP to hold meeting over huge patient backlog at city surgery