H.Samuel store in Norwich to close ‘until further notice’ following fire
- Credit: Archant
A jewellery shop in Norwich city centre will remain closed until further notice following a fire.
Firefighters were called just after 11am on Thursday after reports of a blaze at the H.Samuel store on Gentleman's Walk.
Crews from Sprowston and Earlham attended the blaze and were at the scene for half an hour.
Crews used hose reel jets and a thermal imaging camera to extinguish the fire.
A spokesperson for the national chain confirmed the store will be closed until further notice to assess and repair damage.
They added: 'Our efforts are currently focused upon ensuring the welfare of our staff.
You may also want to watch:
'We'll be spending time with each of them to offer them support following this incident.'
H.Samuel is situated between Hotter and Lloyds Bank in the city centre and there is also a branch at intu Chapelfield.
- 1 Brother and sister found dead in their home are named
- 2 Why is it so difficult to buy bottled water?
- 3 Revealed: Siblings' bodies were found after father's death
- 4 Comedian Rufus Hound on the hunt for hotel in Norwich
- 5 Drip, drip, hooray! City's bottled water crisis solved
- 6 Widow threatened with debt collectors after funeral director’s bill blunder
- 7 No-frills Norwich pub offers top-notch food and every dish is under £8
- 8 'Music, food and motor cars': Festival set to return to Norwich
- 9 Sales rep who died at nature reserve named at inquest
- 10 Man steals £250 guitar from charity shop