New Norwich Indian restaurant closes - but says it will reopen
- Credit: Archant
A new Indian restaurant in Norwich has shut its doors - but says it will reopen in the coming months.
Green Chilli, at 45 Magdalen Street, opened at the start of November in the former home of the Passage to India restaurant.
It serves authentic Indian and Bangladeshi food, with an 'unexpected nod to British favourites', its website says.
But on December 14 the restaurant posted on Facebook to say it was 'closed until further notice', apologising for any inconvenience.
And a note on the restaurant's window said: 'We are opening soon... Due to technical problem we are closed now.'
You may also want to watch:
When contacted, the team said while they did not yet have a specific reopening date, they would be back in business in the next couple of months.
- 1 Elderly man took his clothes off at Norwich park
- 2 Tributes to popular Tesco worker with 'sparkling personality'
- 3 Revealed: How much to rent former high street store
- 4 School shut after ceiling tile falls on to class of children
- 5 Amazing photos show storms over Norfolk – and there are more to come
- 6 Drag Race star Bimini spotted shopping in Norwich
- 7 Masterplan for 4,000-homes Colman's regeneration to go on show
- 8 Britain's poshest train came to Norwich and Ipswich and it was pure luxury
- 9 Samson and Hercules building reopens under new owners
- 10 Teen motorcyclist taken to hospital after crash with bus in Norwich