New Norwich Indian restaurant closes - but says it will reopen
- Credit: Archant
A new Indian restaurant in Norwich has shut its doors - but says it will reopen in the coming months.
Green Chilli, at 45 Magdalen Street, opened at the start of November in the former home of the Passage to India restaurant.
It serves authentic Indian and Bangladeshi food, with an 'unexpected nod to British favourites', its website says.
But on December 14 the restaurant posted on Facebook to say it was 'closed until further notice', apologising for any inconvenience.
And a note on the restaurant's window said: 'We are opening soon... Due to technical problem we are closed now.'
You may also want to watch:
When contacted, the team said while they did not yet have a specific reopening date, they would be back in business in the next couple of months.
- 1 'Our lives are being destroyed': Neighbours' despair over noisy students
- 2 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 3 'The final straw' - Bakery fears closure over council plans
- 4 Norwich named UK's most romantic destination
- 5 City staff facing 'mass burnout' but what is behind the extreme exhaustion?
- 6 Man found dead at Thorpe St Andrew home
- 7 Petrol attack shopkeeper opens spice shop and restaurant in former pub
- 8 Fresh plans for rooftop bar on St Stephens
- 9 Women to boycott city nightclubs amid rise in drink spiking
- 10 Diversions in place on A47 near Norwich due to flooding