Norwich sports pub up for award after showing World Cup in loos
- Credit: Steve Adams
A Norwich local has been named a finalist in the Great British Pub Awards.
The Murderers, officially known as the Gardeners Arms, is up for best sports pub 2019 in the annual awards, which see hundreds of pubs across the country enter.
The Timberhill boozer, which had World Cup coverage even in the toilets last year, has made it through the first two rounds of judging and is now among the final six nominees.
Landlord Phil Cutter said: "We are delighted to have been recognised again for the continued investment we have made to make The Murderers the 'go to' destination for sports fans across the City.
"This is the eight nomination for best sports pub at the prestigious, Great British Pub Awards, in nine years, and hopefully this shows that we continue to innovate, and give our customers the very best live sports experience in the region."
The other finalists are Barratts Club in Northampton, Belushi's London Bridge, Elevens Bar & Grill in Cardiff, The Foundry in Aberdeen and The Sandon in Liverpool.
The award ceremony will take place on September 5 at the Royal Lancaster Hotel in London.
Last month The Murderers got the green light for a new beer garden off Orford Hill, consisting of 10 tables and 30 chairs.
- 1 Greater Anglia application to demolish train station building thrown out
- 2 Doctors baffled by teenager's horrific long Covid symptoms
- 3 'How I made four million flipping council houses into luxury student digs'
- 4 Load of Bull! Anger as Red Bull ramps up threat against Norwich gin firm
- 5 Busy city Riverside roads to stay closed as transport hub works begin
- 6 It's going down! Demolition of car showroom begins to make way for homes
- 7 Farmers' market near Norwich set to reopen for the new year
- 8 Store still cordoned off with police tape two months after break-in
- 9 In pictures: The history and changing face of St Stephens
- 10 Petition to ditch new bus lane plan gathers pace