Norwich sports pub up for award after showing World Cup in loos
- Credit: Steve Adams
A Norwich local has been named a finalist in the Great British Pub Awards.
The Murderers, officially known as the Gardeners Arms, is up for best sports pub 2019 in the annual awards, which see hundreds of pubs across the country enter.
The Timberhill boozer, which had World Cup coverage even in the toilets last year, has made it through the first two rounds of judging and is now among the final six nominees.
Landlord Phil Cutter said: "We are delighted to have been recognised again for the continued investment we have made to make The Murderers the 'go to' destination for sports fans across the City.
"This is the eight nomination for best sports pub at the prestigious, Great British Pub Awards, in nine years, and hopefully this shows that we continue to innovate, and give our customers the very best live sports experience in the region."
You may also want to watch:
The other finalists are Barratts Club in Northampton, Belushi's London Bridge, Elevens Bar & Grill in Cardiff, The Foundry in Aberdeen and The Sandon in Liverpool.
The award ceremony will take place on September 5 at the Royal Lancaster Hotel in London.
Last month The Murderers got the green light for a new beer garden off Orford Hill, consisting of 10 tables and 30 chairs.
- 1 'Disaster from start to finish': Parents slam school for failing kids
- 2 Power still out in parts of Norwich city centre six hours later
- 3 New £64,000 bus lane could cut 80 seconds off journeys
- 4 Resurfacing works to see closures on three busy city roads
- 5 Alan Carr enjoys 'delicious food' and leaves large tip at city restaurant
- 6 People in Norwich fined £21k for failing to pay for prescriptions
- 7 'Diabolical' - Fury over trees felled for road widening scheme
- 8 Family piano shop founded in 1887 is leaving the city
- 9 See how Norwich Castle's keep is being transformed
- 10 Roadworks to be aware of in Norwich this week