Graduation day for pupils at Nightingales Day Nursery in Norwich
Little ones soon to start their first day at school have been celebrating their time at a Norwich nursery with their own 'graduation' day.
The group of four-year-olds leaving Nightingales Day Nursery, in Bowthorpe Road, to start school took part in a special ceremony on Friday, August 24.
They donned graduation gowns and mortar boards for the occasion, which was watched by their proud parents.
Nursery manager Shirley Barker said: 'It was like a mini graduation ceremony and at the end they all threw their hats in the air.
'It was a nice way of saying goodbye to the children.
You may also want to watch:
'It has been an absolute pleasure to look after the children and get to know their families as well.
'We wish them all the best for when they go off to school – we are sure they will do well.'
- 1 Brother and sister found dead in their home are named
- 2 Why is it so difficult to buy bottled water?
- 3 Revealed: Siblings' bodies were found after father's death
- 4 Comedian Rufus Hound on the hunt for hotel in Norwich
- 5 Drip, drip, hooray! City's bottled water crisis solved
- 6 No-frills Norwich pub offers top-notch food and every dish is under £8
- 7 Widow threatened with debt collectors after funeral director’s bill blunder
- 8 'Music, food and motor cars': Festival set to return to Norwich
- 9 Sales rep who died at nature reserve named at inquest
- 10 Man steals £250 guitar from charity shop
The 14 children who 'graduated' from Nightingales Day Nursery are Ahmed Hamad, Alex Cole, Alexa Crook-White, Ayden Webster-Watson, Billy Chapman, Bryan Makai, Charlie Gillings, Esmee Tidman, Harvey Matthews, Leila Henry-Lee, Millie Simpson, Romeo Huq, Sarah Travis and Summer Miles.
Nightingales Day Nursery also enjoyed a day of sports with the children and their parents at an Olympics Day they held at Henderson Green, and the nursery staff and some parents have also been very busy with paintbrushes over the past few weeks redecorating the nursery ready for September.
For more about Nightingales Day Nursery, which is for children aged under one year to five visit www.nightingalesdaynursery.co.uk.
Parents interested in sending their children to Nightingales Day Nursery should email email@example.com or call 01603 453104.
Do you have a schools story for Local Life? Call reporter Emma Knights on 01603 772428 or email firstname.lastname@example.org