Graduate to showcase film at Norwich animation and film festival
A talented filmmaker will see his work on the big screen during a festival celebrating animators and movie-makers in Norwich.
Joshua Carver's 10-minute film, What Potions Have I Drunk of Siren Tears, is just one of 28 projects being screened at this year's Sunrise film festival.
The event, held this afternoon at the Curve Auditorium in the Forum, Millennium Plain, is dedicated to the imaginative work of graduates from the Norwich University College of the Arts (NUCA).
The screening will be accompanied by talks from internationally-acclaimed animator Steve Smith and Hollywood director and producer Don Boyd.
Meanwhile, 21-year-old Mr Carver, who lives in Seething, created the movie during his film and moving image production degree at NUCA.
You may also want to watch:
He said it gave him the invaluable experience of working with real actors.
'I would describe the film as a relationship conflict with an expressionist aesthetic,' he said.
- 1 Buy a former 1950s police station for sale for £330,000
- 2 Greek chain looks set to take over former Giraffe restaurant
- 3 New pasta and cocktail bar to open in Norwich
- 4 Driver fined after leaving queue before entering Co-Op
- 5 Norwich restaurants and pubs reopening in April
- 6 When can I go to the beach? Lockdown travel questions answered
- 7 Mum sets up sideline selling jewellery made from breast milk
- 8 £153m Western Link road delayed a third time
- 9 Cardiac arrest call sparks rescue operation near beauty spot
- 10 Emma Thompson and Peaky Blinders actor to star in new film shot in Norwich
'Working on the project has helped me improve in so many areas. Visually it is a lot better than my previous work because the filming capability of SLR cameras has improved dramatically.
'But the praise has to go my actors, especially Katie Allard who gave an amazing performance in the lead female role.'
The Sunrise event is part of the ditto online film festival and will take place today between 2pm and 5pm.
People can vote for their favourite film at the festival from June 16 to July the 16 by visiting http://www.ditto.tv/sunrise/
Are you holding a big event? Contact reporter Ben Woods on 01603 772439 or email firstname.lastname@example.org