Graduate to showcase film at Norwich animation and film festival
A talented filmmaker will see his work on the big screen during a festival celebrating animators and movie-makers in Norwich.
Joshua Carver's 10-minute film, What Potions Have I Drunk of Siren Tears, is just one of 28 projects being screened at this year's Sunrise film festival.
The event, held this afternoon at the Curve Auditorium in the Forum, Millennium Plain, is dedicated to the imaginative work of graduates from the Norwich University College of the Arts (NUCA).
The screening will be accompanied by talks from internationally-acclaimed animator Steve Smith and Hollywood director and producer Don Boyd.
Meanwhile, 21-year-old Mr Carver, who lives in Seething, created the movie during his film and moving image production degree at NUCA.
He said it gave him the invaluable experience of working with real actors.
'I would describe the film as a relationship conflict with an expressionist aesthetic,' he said.
- 1 City folk baffled after being barricaded into their own homes
- 2 All you need to know ahead of The Killers concert at Carrow Road
- 3 Fears Spurs fans may infiltrate home end at Norwich City match
- 4 Lloyds to close bank in Norwich suburb
- 5 New Japanese bar and restaurant plans to open in Norwich next month
- 6 Do you own one of these toys which are selling for £1,000?
- 7 One-bed maisonette is up for sale in one of the coolest parts of Norwich
- 8 Man arrested after hundreds of cannabis plants seized in city
- 9 The top 7 fish and chip shops in Norwich according to Tripadvisor
- 10 Owners of taco and gourmet burger trailers open restaurant in Norwich
'Working on the project has helped me improve in so many areas. Visually it is a lot better than my previous work because the filming capability of SLR cameras has improved dramatically.
'But the praise has to go my actors, especially Katie Allard who gave an amazing performance in the lead female role.'
The Sunrise event is part of the ditto online film festival and will take place today between 2pm and 5pm.
People can vote for their favourite film at the festival from June 16 to July the 16 by visiting http://www.ditto.tv/sunrise/
Are you holding a big event? Contact reporter Ben Woods on 01603 772439 or email email@example.com