Gove mouths off... and facts are dinosaurs
Michael Gove is never high in my estimation, not least because he has the soft, yielding mouth of a serial killer (I'm not saying he is one, although he might be).
Gove had announced that free schools would lose their funding if they taught creationism as science on the grounds that creationism is a ludicrous myth created out of ignorance to explain the world 2,000 years ago.
If we teach children that the world was created in seven days, we might as well abandon biology entirely and tell them that storks deliver babies and that the Dinosaur Park should be rebranded 'Heretics Land'.
Good old Gove, I thought.
But, of course, one swallow doesn't make a summer, whatever teenage boys tell you, and it was only a matter of time before he went off-message and started spouting nonsense again.
You may also want to watch:
This week, he of the murderer's mouth (I'm not saying he is one, although he might be) did an about turn and approved funding for several schools that will present creationism as science.
On this basis, I am putting forward a proposal for a free school which will present the Lord of the Rings as science and will execute anyone that claims women and men have the same number of ribs. Facts are so 2011.
- 1 'Dream come true': Norwich restaurant wins national award
- 2 Norwich man convicted of murder boasts of mutilating 'up to 30' cats
- 3 Should straight people go into queer clubs and bars?
- 4 Mum's pleas to move house denied despite GP's concerns over wellbeing
- 5 'Our lives are being destroyed': Neighbours' despair over noisy students
- 6 TikTok craze sparks calls to stop sale of beans to under-18s
- 7 See inside this quirky bungalow for sale near Norwich railway station
- 8 Norwich man wanted by police
- 9 Norwich man in court over more than 84,000 indecent images
- 10 Norfolk man jailed for historic child sex abuse offences
I'm also going to be suggesting a syllabus that looks into the insanity of employing men with Hammer Horror mouths in positions of authority (I'm not saying he should be in a Hammer Horror film, but he could be).