Gove mouths off... and facts are dinosaurs
Michael Gove is never high in my estimation, not least because he has the soft, yielding mouth of a serial killer (I'm not saying he is one, although he might be).
Gove had announced that free schools would lose their funding if they taught creationism as science on the grounds that creationism is a ludicrous myth created out of ignorance to explain the world 2,000 years ago.
If we teach children that the world was created in seven days, we might as well abandon biology entirely and tell them that storks deliver babies and that the Dinosaur Park should be rebranded 'Heretics Land'.
Good old Gove, I thought.
But, of course, one swallow doesn't make a summer, whatever teenage boys tell you, and it was only a matter of time before he went off-message and started spouting nonsense again.
You may also want to watch:
This week, he of the murderer's mouth (I'm not saying he is one, although he might be) did an about turn and approved funding for several schools that will present creationism as science.
On this basis, I am putting forward a proposal for a free school which will present the Lord of the Rings as science and will execute anyone that claims women and men have the same number of ribs. Facts are so 2011.
- 1 Driver cut from vehicle after crash on Norwich ring road
- 2 Number of homes for derelict site could be increased to 200
- 3 Dutch design could inspire revamp of danger roundabout
- 4 Canaries closing in on new shirt sponsor
- 5 Teenage boy found a week after being reported missing
- 6 City centre street set to close at weekend
- 7 School apologises for uniform advice wording after sexism claims
- 8 Cactus shop selling £95 plants opens in Norwich phone box
- 9 Cannabis dealer had more than £8300 in cash stashed away
- 10 38 Norfolk schools and university named in students' accounts of sex abuse
I'm also going to be suggesting a syllabus that looks into the insanity of employing men with Hammer Horror mouths in positions of authority (I'm not saying he should be in a Hammer Horror film, but he could be).