Google labels Sainsbury centre - as supermarket
Matthew SparkesA Norwich museum containing a priceless collection of art has been labelled as a branch of Waitrose on Google Maps.Matthew Sparkes
A Norwich museum containing a priceless collection of art has been labelled as a branch of Waitrose on Google Maps.
The Sainsbury Centre for the Visual Arts, designed by Norman Foster and built beside the lake in the UEA's picturesque campus, has been mistaken for the Waitrose in Cringleford less than two miles away.
The ziggurats of the halls of residence known as Norfolk Terrace have also been listed as a branch of Harmony Home Improvements, while the Sainsbury Centre seems to have been accidentally relocated atop some new university buildings near Bluebell Road.
Laura Scott, spokesperson for Google, said: 'We try and make Google Maps as accurate as possible for our customers.'
You may also want to watch:
'Occasionally there might be the odd glitch,' she added.
'We'd encourage local businesses to sign up and edit their own listing using Google Place Pages.'
- 1 Controversy reignited over 300 home scheme on edge of Norwich
- 2 Noise concerns spark more than 40 objections to new city venue bid
- 3 Golden Triangle pub goes up for sale for half a million
- 4 Chaos on ‘free-for-all' city street after double yellows disappear
- 5 County welcomes tankers but motorists continue to queue for fuel
- 6 Monster rats 'the size of cats' invade city - and get in via the LOO
- 7 Q&A: All you need to know about fuel shortages
- 8 Shoe outlet opens first city centre branch in former Carphone Warehouse
- 9 'More of a service than a business': Bid to turn pub into local shop
- 10 'Turn up!' Groomer's plea to no-show pet owners