Google labels Sainsbury centre - as supermarket
Matthew SparkesA Norwich museum containing a priceless collection of art has been labelled as a branch of Waitrose on Google Maps.Matthew Sparkes
A Norwich museum containing a priceless collection of art has been labelled as a branch of Waitrose on Google Maps.
The Sainsbury Centre for the Visual Arts, designed by Norman Foster and built beside the lake in the UEA's picturesque campus, has been mistaken for the Waitrose in Cringleford less than two miles away.
The ziggurats of the halls of residence known as Norfolk Terrace have also been listed as a branch of Harmony Home Improvements, while the Sainsbury Centre seems to have been accidentally relocated atop some new university buildings near Bluebell Road.
Laura Scott, spokesperson for Google, said: 'We try and make Google Maps as accurate as possible for our customers.'
You may also want to watch:
'Occasionally there might be the odd glitch,' she added.
'We'd encourage local businesses to sign up and edit their own listing using Google Place Pages.'
- 1 Influencer loses one-of-a-kind wedding ring at coast
- 2 Man found dead in Norwich hotel
- 3 Woman taken to hospital after police incident in Norwich
- 4 Norwich pub allowed to reopen after licensing u-turn
- 5 'It's very very noisy' - broken manhole cover keeps couple awake at night
- 6 Police swoop after £400k cocaine parcel delivered to Norwich house
- 7 New Danish bakery in Norwich sells over 1,000 pastries in first week
- 8 Couple turn grain store into 'James Bond' home
- 9 Measures taken to make dog walkers feel safer in Norwich park
- 10 Axe for Norwich Tourist Information Centre as closure announced