Google labels Sainsbury centre - as supermarket
Matthew SparkesA Norwich museum containing a priceless collection of art has been labelled as a branch of Waitrose on Google Maps.Matthew Sparkes
A Norwich museum containing a priceless collection of art has been labelled as a branch of Waitrose on Google Maps.
The Sainsbury Centre for the Visual Arts, designed by Norman Foster and built beside the lake in the UEA's picturesque campus, has been mistaken for the Waitrose in Cringleford less than two miles away.
The ziggurats of the halls of residence known as Norfolk Terrace have also been listed as a branch of Harmony Home Improvements, while the Sainsbury Centre seems to have been accidentally relocated atop some new university buildings near Bluebell Road.
Laura Scott, spokesperson for Google, said: 'We try and make Google Maps as accurate as possible for our customers.'
'Occasionally there might be the odd glitch,' she added.
'We'd encourage local businesses to sign up and edit their own listing using Google Place Pages.'
- 1 Military helicopters spotted flying over Norfolk
- 2 Chim chim, I do! Couple tie the knot in Mary Poppins-themed wedding
- 3 Family sue Wetherspoon after man falls to death in city pub
- 4 See inside 'stunning' flat overlooking Norwich Market
- 5 Are you the mystery Norwich builder Peter Crouch is searching for?
- 6 All-you-can-eat Chinese buffet at Riverside closes
- 7 Blanket ban: Standing room only for Simply Red fans
- 8 Train evacuated after hitting horse on Norwich to Diss line
- 9 Much-loved dungaree brand to open one of only three UK stores in Norwich
- 10 Missing Taverham man found safe and well