Google labels Sainsbury centre - as supermarket
Matthew SparkesA Norwich museum containing a priceless collection of art has been labelled as a branch of Waitrose on Google Maps.Matthew Sparkes
A Norwich museum containing a priceless collection of art has been labelled as a branch of Waitrose on Google Maps.
The Sainsbury Centre for the Visual Arts, designed by Norman Foster and built beside the lake in the UEA's picturesque campus, has been mistaken for the Waitrose in Cringleford less than two miles away.
The ziggurats of the halls of residence known as Norfolk Terrace have also been listed as a branch of Harmony Home Improvements, while the Sainsbury Centre seems to have been accidentally relocated atop some new university buildings near Bluebell Road.
Laura Scott, spokesperson for Google, said: 'We try and make Google Maps as accurate as possible for our customers.'
You may also want to watch:
'Occasionally there might be the odd glitch,' she added.
'We'd encourage local businesses to sign up and edit their own listing using Google Place Pages.'
- 1 Centre takes action after IT failure causes long queues for Covid jab
- 2 Can you rehome this Terrier who has spent nine years at animal sanctuary?
- 3 Drink driver arrested after crashing into two trees in Norwich
- 4 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 5 9 of Norfolk's most famous blue plaques
- 6 Four fire crews called to car blaze in Norwich garage
- 7 The secrets and scandals of a former Norwich hotel
- 8 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 9 Map reveals the most serious crashes on the NDR since it fully opened
- 10 Fired twice in two months: Events boss feels the pain of Covid