Google labels Sainsbury centre - as supermarket
Matthew SparkesA Norwich museum containing a priceless collection of art has been labelled as a branch of Waitrose on Google Maps.Matthew Sparkes
A Norwich museum containing a priceless collection of art has been labelled as a branch of Waitrose on Google Maps.
The Sainsbury Centre for the Visual Arts, designed by Norman Foster and built beside the lake in the UEA's picturesque campus, has been mistaken for the Waitrose in Cringleford less than two miles away.
The ziggurats of the halls of residence known as Norfolk Terrace have also been listed as a branch of Harmony Home Improvements, while the Sainsbury Centre seems to have been accidentally relocated atop some new university buildings near Bluebell Road.
Laura Scott, spokesperson for Google, said: 'We try and make Google Maps as accurate as possible for our customers.'
'Occasionally there might be the odd glitch,' she added.
'We'd encourage local businesses to sign up and edit their own listing using Google Place Pages.'
- 1 Customers in shock as parking charges rack up at retail park
- 2 Neighbourhood bemused after garage turned into barber shop
- 3 Fire destroys roof of Norwich home
- 4 Protest planned as anger grows against 725 homes plan
- 5 House of horrors: Is this the worst council property in Norwich?
- 6 City schools to share one site as building returned to council
- 7 Five of Norwich's best takeaways according to our readers
- 8 New beer and burrito bar opens in city centre
- 9 Arrest after man found with large quantity of cannabis and lock knife
- 10 Former City defender Klose training with Championship club