Norwich restaurants recognised in Good Food Awards
- Credit: Archant
Four Norwich businesses have been named Good Food Award 2020 winners.
The annual awards, "which symbolise only the very best in their field", claim to be "the blue ribbon" for delicious dishes and recognise restaurants, cafes, bistros and fine dining establishments that have excelled in the past 12 months.
PONO Superfood Bar in St Giles Street, Namaste India in Opie Street, Dhaba at Fifteen in Magdalen Street and Christophes Crepes in Davey Place were all recognised in the most recent awards.
Good Food accolades are given out based on the quality of the dishes served, ranking against competitors, consistent positive customer feedback and high food hygiene ratings, and organisers describe the awards as "free of advertisers, free to enter, and completely based on merit."
There are also award categories for fish and chips, takeaways and gastropubs.
You may also want to watch:
In the first of these Orford Plaice in the city centre, Chish and Fips in Angel Road and Boundary Fish Bar in Aylsham Road were winners, and The King's Head in Bawburgh outside Norwich won in the gastropub category.
- 1 Alan Carr enjoys 'delicious food' and leaves large tip at city restaurant
- 2 Tributes paid to 'amazing' Norwich shop worker
- 3 Motorcyclist injured after crash on Norwich road
- 4 Egg-lobbing mob leads police to step up presence in suburb
- 5 All the fish and chip shops in Norwich with 5-star hygiene ratings
- 6 7 of the best places to see fireworks in and around Norwich in 2021
- 7 Schoolchildren still without playing field after TWO YEARS
- 8 See how Norwich Castle's keep is being transformed
- 9 'They can't get away with it': Petrol boss defiant after spate of crimes
- 10 'I don't feel safe' - Boss' fears just one month into shop job