Glitter your way through the Norwich party scene
It's not only the Christmas tree that will be decorated in sparkle this party season as jewellery is big news this winter, says Emma Harrowing. Get ready to drape yourself in silver, gold and glitzy jewels.
There is a blizzard coming this month and I'm not talking about the weather.
It's a blizzard of bling as jewellery sparkles its way onto the Christmas party circuit.
And it's big – not just the statement necklaces from last season such as the bib or collar necklace, although these are still very much on the fashion radar. No, it's now the trend to wear statement necklaces, bold brooches, chandelier earrings and stacks of rings all at once.
Vintage pieces have reached the epitome of party fashion and you can browse through original vintage pieces at the Antiques Centre on Tombland or in the many vintage shops that have opened up in the city this year, or you can scour the high street and Norwich Lanes as many have stunning period-inspired pieces for sale.
Just remember to pile it on. Really you can't go wrong if you look like you have been rummaging in your grandma's jewellery box and put it all on at once!
If you want to follow this trend and layer on jewellery until your heart's content stick to costume jewellery. Life Matters loves the vintage inspired range at Accessorise in Chapelfield and Gentlemen's Walk, Primark's black lace style choker, which is a purse-friendly �4 and the beautiful starburst brooch from Talullah Tu.
- 1 City folk baffled after being barricaded into their own homes
- 2 All you need to know ahead of The Killers concert at Carrow Road
- 3 Fears Spurs fans may infiltrate home end at Norwich City match
- 4 Lloyds to close bank in Norwich suburb
- 5 New Japanese bar and restaurant plans to open in Norwich next month
- 6 Do you own one of these toys which are selling for £1,000?
- 7 One-bed maisonette is up for sale in one of the coolest parts of Norwich
- 8 Man arrested after hundreds of cannabis plants seized in city
- 9 The top 7 fish and chip shops in Norwich according to Tripadvisor
- 10 Owners of taco and gourmet burger trailers open restaurant in Norwich
If you have a bit of money to spend or you want to hint to that certain someone to get you something you really want this Christmas, we are coveting the Tatty Devine wing necklace which will give an instant update to our little black dresses. But for a real bank-busting piece the Ziio Mai necklace from Aurum will certainly make any outfit look dazzling.
Check out the Life Matters picture gallery (top right) for our best picks from this season's accessories.