Glitter your way through the Norwich party scene
It's not only the Christmas tree that will be decorated in sparkle this party season as jewellery is big news this winter, says Emma Harrowing. Get ready to drape yourself in silver, gold and glitzy jewels.
There is a blizzard coming this month and I'm not talking about the weather.
It's a blizzard of bling as jewellery sparkles its way onto the Christmas party circuit.
And it's big – not just the statement necklaces from last season such as the bib or collar necklace, although these are still very much on the fashion radar. No, it's now the trend to wear statement necklaces, bold brooches, chandelier earrings and stacks of rings all at once.
Vintage pieces have reached the epitome of party fashion and you can browse through original vintage pieces at the Antiques Centre on Tombland or in the many vintage shops that have opened up in the city this year, or you can scour the high street and Norwich Lanes as many have stunning period-inspired pieces for sale.
You may also want to watch:
Just remember to pile it on. Really you can't go wrong if you look like you have been rummaging in your grandma's jewellery box and put it all on at once!
If you want to follow this trend and layer on jewellery until your heart's content stick to costume jewellery. Life Matters loves the vintage inspired range at Accessorise in Chapelfield and Gentlemen's Walk, Primark's black lace style choker, which is a purse-friendly �4 and the beautiful starburst brooch from Talullah Tu.
- 1 New virus named after Norfolk village
- 2 Jailed in July: Drug dealing, knife crime and manslaughter
- 3 New landlords hope to serve up Thai food in suburban pub
- 4 Duo launch new business inspired by Norwich coffee culture
- 5 Woman's mission to block traffic for 'car free' street party
- 6 Ex-filling station set to become kebab and pizza takeaway
- 7 Police boss speaks out after spate of shocking deaths
- 8 'How could somebody do this?' - Clothes stolen from domestic abuse charity
- 9 Lap dancing club to be allowed to stay open until 6am
- 10 Driving instructor shares terrifying videos of NDR near misses
If you have a bit of money to spend or you want to hint to that certain someone to get you something you really want this Christmas, we are coveting the Tatty Devine wing necklace which will give an instant update to our little black dresses. But for a real bank-busting piece the Ziio Mai necklace from Aurum will certainly make any outfit look dazzling.
Check out the Life Matters picture gallery (top right) for our best picks from this season's accessories.