Glimpses of Norwich week eight: Happy International Women's Day!
- Credit: Kate Wolstenholme
Happy International Women's Day! This week's Glimpses of Norwich is dedicated to the women of our Fine City.
International Women's Day seeks to celebrate and elevate women world-wide, whilst seeing action for gender equality.
The event has been running for more than 100 years, with the first being held in 1911, and aims to drive forward the recognition and voices of women across the globe, combatting gender discrimination.
According to World Economic Forum, gender equality will not be achieved for almost another century, so, in the words of feminist Gloria Steinem: "The story of women's struggle for equality belongs to no single feminist, nor to any one organization, but to the collective efforts of all who care about human rights."
Glimpses of Norwich takes a look at all those moments of our fine city which sometimes pass us by. The moments which make us smile, laugh, warm our hearts and which make our city unique.
Independent, beautiful, and friendly. Norwich wins you over and grips you so tight you don't want to leave.
Whether you have never left or can't stay away, it has stolen the heart of so many of us.
- 1 Norwich cocktail bar and restaurant relaunches with new name and menu
- 2 Everything you need to know about the Sweet Briar Road closure
- 3 Supporters' fears that Spurs game at Carrow Road may turn nasty
- 4 Sewage seeps through floorboards and blocks sinks in apartment block
- 5 Finishing touches added to new Tesco store in city centre
- 6 Two men charged in connection with Class A drug dealing in Norwich
- 7 Huge 'magazine worthy' bungalow near Norwich is back up for sale for £1.1m
- 8 Fashion boutique to shut with FOUR MONTH closing down sale
- 9 Why NR3 is being dubbed the 'new Shoreditch'
- 10 Jailed in Norfolk: Drug dealer and man who raped teenage girl