Giving tree launched at the Mall
Shoppers in Norwich are being asked to spare a thought for those in need this Christmas and donate a gift to a child.
The Giving Tree Appeal which invites people to purchase an extra present for a child this Christmas was launched at the Mall Norwich today.
Two local charities The Umbrella Housing Association, which provides accommodation for single parent families in difficult situations and Leeway Women's aid, a specialist domestic abuse charity which supports adults, children and young people, will receive the donated Christmas gifts.
Marketing manager at The Mall Norwich, Victoria Merrison, said: 'In the lead-up to Christmas it is easy to forget about those less fortunate than ourselves, which is why we are delighted to be able to contribute to such worthwhile causes with this year's Giving Appeal.
'If every shopper purchased a child friendly gift in amongst their Christmas shop, it would really help us to put a smile on the faces of local children, who might not otherwise receive a gift on Christmas morning.
'Every gift donated will go to a child in Norwich and we know from experience it makes a huge difference to the children and their families at what can be a stressful as well as a festive time of year.'
Anyone looking to donate should take unwrapped gifts to the Ask Me point on level two at the mall.
- 1 Former Norwich restaurant to be transformed into £1.5m food hall
- 2 Man refusing to pay rent for council flat over 16-year mould problem
- 3 Mum has foot run over in incident with foul-mouthed driver
- 4 Parking charges at city parks has raised £0
- 5 Norwich's tiniest pub completes facelift
- 6 Extra security measures approved for flats plagued by drug use
- 7 Bottomless brunch with 90s act, fried chicken and cocktails heading to city
- 8 Concerns raised over fate of junior school site
- 9 City teen named Ikea drops furniture brand as first name
- 10 Five street food vendors doing residencies in Norwich pubs
Are you doing something for charity this Christmas? Contact reporter Lucy Wright on 01603 772495 or email firstname.lastname@example.org