Girl guides' grant gets them outdoors
Sam EmanuelGirl guides in Norwich will soon be able to explore the great outdoors thanks to a grant for new tents and groundsheets.Sam Emanuel
Girl guides in Norwich will soon be able to explore the great outdoors thanks to a grant for new tents and groundsheets.
The 6th Norwich Guides group was given �322 from the Co-operative Group's community fund.
Guide leader Michelle Ward said: 'By purchasing this equipment we are able to offer more of our girls the chance to experience camping as a group and with other groups. These excursions will help them grow in confidence, gain independence and develop many new skills.'
The fund offers grants of between �100 and �2,000 and awards are based on a set of values and principles such as social responsibility and caring for others.
You may also want to watch:
Application forms are available online at www.co-operative.coop/membership/Community-Fund or by calling 0161 827 5879.
- 1 Two Norwich fish and chip shops named among top 50 in the country
- 2 Man detained under mental health act after Norwich disturbance
- 3 Queues and tunes as life returns to city on Saturday after shops reopen
- 4 Jubilant scenes as pub punters enjoy first city Friday night back
- 5 Churros and Chorizo to open park cafe near Norwich
- 6 NORWICH CITY ARE PROMOTED TO THE PREMIER LEAGUE
- 7 Police quiz man over murder and three attempted murders
- 8 'I ran for my life' - Neighbour who saw fatal row tells of terror
- 9 Probe into woman's death continues following suspected arson
- 10 Hospital to close with loss of 120 jobs