Norwich gift shop delivering mystery boxes filled with American treats
- Credit: Archant
The owner of a Norwich gift shop is making coronavirus lockdown a little sweeter by delivering mystery boxes filled with American treats.
Aaron Roberts owns Gifted in Norwich’s Castle Quarter, along with three other branches in King’s Lynn, Bury St Edmunds and Cambridge, and sells American and Japanese sweets and sodas alongside film and TV merchandise and a range of games and puzzles.
After he temporarily closed all shops due to the coronavirus outbreak, he decided to launch a delivery service from the city branch of mystery candy boxes filled with American treats such as Cheetos, Nerds and Oreos.
They come in three sizes, which are a treat box for £14.99, classic for £24.99 and supreme for £29.99 and it is available for delivery across the UK for £3.99.
Mr Roberts, who lives in Bradwell, said: “It is vitally important to adapt and as a small business we have lots of outgoings so need to keep the wheels turning.
You may also want to watch:
“But I am using this time as an opportunity to see what works and what doesn’t - I haven’t had the chance to do delivery or an online shop in the past while the four shops are open but I can now explore it.”
Since launching on Friday, Mr Bradwell has packed 80 boxes and his customers have ranged from people wanting a treat for themselves to those sending them to a friend of family member.
- 1 Tenant's despair as council fixes his windows by screwing them shut
- 2 'Eyesore' bus won't be removed despite neighbours' pleas
- 3 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 4 'Our lives are being destroyed': Neighbours' despair over noisy students
- 5 Man killed after collision with double-decker bus on A146 named
- 6 Huge Gothic home on edge of city cemetery is for sale for £1.2m
- 7 Neighbours' terror as bleeding man found in garden after street fight
- 8 Nearly 4,000 people wait for council homes - but fewer than 200 available
- 9 Pet owner's fury as mystery neighbour tries to claim her cat as their own
- 10 'Neighbours ran outside screaming' during street fight in Golden Triangle
Mr Roberts added: “The candy box is a good way to cheer people up and it is a nice experience to open up a box of fun.
“We are lucky to have such a big social media following and the reaction has been really good.”
Mr Roberts has more reason to celebrate as Gifted has recently been named as a finalist in the Best Specialist Multiple Gift Retailer category for the The Greats Gift Retailer Awards 2020 taking place in September.
Order your mystery box by messaging the Gifted Stores UK Facebook page and there is also free delivery on orders over £50.