Norwich pub to host Christmas market with over 100 stalls
- Credit: Archant
The landlords of the Gibraltar Gardens pub in Norwich will get locals in the festive spirit by hosting a Christmas market.
Couple Jason and Julia Carter took on the pub, located in Heigham Street, in December last year and began trading in late February, only to close a few weeks later due to lockdown.
But the pair haven’t let the pandemic stop them and since reopening in July have held socially distanced live music events and relaunched as a steakhouse.
They have now revealed their festive plans, which will involve a Covid-safe Christmas market with free entry and indoor and outdoor stalls.
READ MORE: 9 Christmas events still going ahead in NorfolkThe event will run every Saturday and Sunday from December 5 until December 20 from 10am-5pm and there is space for 20 cars at the car boot sale, up to 100 stalls in the garden and 20 tables inside a marquee.
They are donating all the pitch fees from the first two weekends to NHS charities and are looking for local vendors to get involved, though there will be no food stalls as this will all be provided by the pub.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Carter said: “We want to bring the community back together and people are itching to do things but there is nowhere to go so we came up with the idea for the Christmas market.
READ MORE: Find out when Santa is coming to your town or village“There will be a bit of everything, from Christmas trees, cards and decorations to jewellery, garden stuff and clothes and we’ve had lots of interest so far.
“We will be providing an early morning breakfast for the stall holders and then all-day food and hot drinks, with Christmas cookies and mulled wine too.”
Since taking over the pub, the couple have had a great reaction from the community and have been able to utilise their large garden with dining pods. Mrs Carter said: “We have a lot of regulars who have said that we have brought the pub back to how it used to be and breathed life back into the place.”
- 1 Tenant's despair as council fixes his windows by screwing them shut
- 2 'Eyesore' bus won't be removed despite neighbours' pleas
- 3 Man killed after collision with double-decker bus on A146 named
- 4 Huge Gothic home on edge of city cemetery is for sale for £1.2m
- 5 Neighbours' terror as bleeding man found in garden after street fight
- 6 Pet owner's fury as mystery neighbour tries to claim her cat as their own
- 7 Nearly 4,000 people wait for council homes - but fewer than 200 available
- 8 'Neighbours ran outside screaming' during street fight in Golden Triangle
- 9 'Our lives are being destroyed': Neighbours' despair over noisy students
- 10 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
Car boot and outside stalls are £10 and undercover stalls £15 - call 01603 667766.
-Make sure to join our ‘Christmas in Norfolk’ Facebook group for all the latest festive news.